Trading Earl Thomas

showtime

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I think that's a legit point.  I'm not sure what Sherman is worth in terms of a trade, I'd have to think he's at an all-time low in terms of value.  His serious injury + the amount of money he will command is a massive turn off for most teams.  It's probably not even worth trading him.

Thanks for this reply. Colts, Buccs, Texans have serious need at CB and lots of money...We'll see. I would not be shocked by a 3rd round pick or a 2nd depending on his health. Do i dare ?  He would be a tremendous add to the young 49ers defense. :$

On 2/8/2018 at 2:19 PM, zappa13004 said:

Thanks for this reply. Colts, Buccs, Texans have serious need at CB and lots of money...We'll see. I would not be shocked by a 3rd round pick or a 2nd depending on his health. Do i dare ?  He would be a tremendous add to the young 49ers defense. :$

I would be shocked if we got a second rounder from anyone.  Sherman will be 30 years old when the season starts, he's coming off an extremely serious injury and he makes a ton of money.  Those are three pretty big negatives.  Plus, Sherman might have the perception as someone who can be a locker room problem.  He certain had that perception last off-season when there were rumors of the team looking to trade him and then all the negative stuff regarding Russell Wilson.

If the Seahawks were going to trade Sherman for value, last season would have been the time to do it.  Similarly, I feel that is the case with Earl Thomas.  If they're going to trade him for value, they need to do it right now.

With all that said, I want them to keep both Sherman and Thomas.

15 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Probably. Yeah. I guess I just meant that if Thomas were to leave, maybe Seattle picks up another veteran safety. 

Definitely.  Just to be clear, he can't leave, the Seahawks would have to trade him but I know what you mean.  But yes, your thought about Eric Reid is interesting because there have been some talks about potentially moving on from Chancellor if he can't play or his injuries continue to pile up.

This upcoming year is going to be so huge for the future of the secondary.  That is when we'll know 100% for sure whether or not the team is going to move on from guys like Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor for good.  We probably will get a solid indication of Richard Sherman's future during this off-season.

18 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

In TCMD, I traded Earl Thomas for Arik Armstead and a 3rd Round pick.

EDIT: Also, anyone here think Sherm could play FS?

Hmmmm, I'm not sure.  One thing Sherman has going for him is that he is a physical player and doesn't shy away from contact.  

Trading Earl Thomas to a division rival (unless he wasn't on the Niners) is gross.

49 minutes ago, showtime said:

Hmmmm, I'm not sure.  One thing Sherman has going for him is that he is a physical player and doesn't shy away from contact.  

Trading Earl Thomas to a division rival (unless he wasn't on the Niners) is gross.

That was the hardest part of the trade for me brother. Trust me.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, showtime said:

I've read some reports that the Seahawks might dangle Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas for trade during the combine.  I believe Thomas also said he was going to hold out unless he gets a long term deal.

I kinda like the idea of trading Thomas get good value before his career turns south.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Super4 said:

The 'Hawks really asking for a 1st and a 3rd for ET3?  Don't get me wrong he's the best Safety in football, but for a potential 1 year rental?  Con anyone confirm this?

I was coming in here to post this.  Apparently they want at least a first rounder, but there are probably no takers.  I'm also assuming that if Thomas got traded to a team that he would sign an extension.

Archived