Three Rounds to Complain About

bucsfan333

On 1/24/2018 at 11:28 AM, bucsfan333 said:

1.3 Indianapolis :: Saquan Barkley, RB, Penn State

2.4 Indianapolis (4-12) :: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
3.3 Indianapolis :: Connor Williams, OT, Texas

Barkley is perfect, don't ever change it.

Kirk is interesting, if we dont bring back Moncrief then there's definitely a need there.  We have so many holes though that I imagine we'd just resign Moncrief of bring in a comparable player in FA so we dont have to waste a pick on one.

I'm not a big Williams fan either, but obviously I'd take him without hesitation if he fell that far.

3 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Barkley is perfect, don't ever change it.

Kirk is interesting, if we dont bring back Moncrief then there's definitely a need there.  We have so many holes though that I imagine we'd just resign Moncrief of bring in a comparable play in FA so we dont have to waste a pick on one.

I'm not a big Williams fan either, but obviously I'd take him without hesitation if he fell that far.

I figure (hope) Luck will be back. And the plan would be to surround him with everything you can.

I honestly don't think the eagles will draft a corner at all. Mills and Darby have been good. Rasul Douglas had some really good moments as a rookie and Sidney Jones will be back for all of of next year and he was probably the second best corner in last years draft. We're good there. 

14 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I honestly don't think the eagles will draft a corner at all. Mills and Darby have been good. Rasul Douglas had some really good moments as a rookie and Sidney Jones will be back for all of of next year and he was probably the second best corner in last years draft. We're good there. 

Also, why would they trade up for him from 32? Doesn't make sense.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:28 AM, bucsfan333 said:

1.26 Atlanta :: Justin Reid, S, Stanford

2.26 Atlanta :: Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State

3.26 Atlanta :: Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford

Falcons don't really need a first round safety with how Rico Allen has been playing. Allen may not be there long-term, but a first round pick isn't needed there.

Nnadi is a good fit.

Schultz would be a solid 2nd TE.

Don't see the Redskins going after another S with the likes of Montae Nicholson and Swearinger solidifying themselves. Deshazor Everett is solid too. Redskins wont pick a S in the first round and DL or WR would be a better choice. Especially if Kirk is back. 

Not a fan of this draft at all. Davenport in not 6th pick worthy at all. I don't mind Jackson in the 2nd although I think he goes Round 1. This regime I think prefers a pocket passer, so I don't see the fit with him. Than the 2 other picks I just don't like the players more so than anything.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:24 PM, Karnage84 said:

I would say a strong "aren't" because both Quinn (GM) and Patricia (HCTB) come from the Patriots. The Patriots rarely ever draft a RB at all and only once in the first in BB's entire tenure. If Saquon Barkley was there at 20 or in the teen's... maybe it's a different story. The Pats have only drafted 3 RB's since 2010 and two of them were in the same draft. Philosophically they tend to stick to LB, DL, OL, DB in the earlier rounds. Assuming that we mix in more 3-4, we have major holes at DL (both DE and DT) and LB. Ansah is a FA and I'd suspect he'll be brought back on the Franchise Tag. He still needs someone else to play opposite of him.

Diggs is now playing as our SS. He played quite well in that role so I would expect him to stick there. We also have Miles Killebrew that should see some more development under Patricia. Quin just had a Pro Bowl type season. Likely don't need to look at replacing him until next year if not in 2020.

Round 1

We do need help opposite of Darius Slay so you could make a case for Ward or Davis in that spot. Landry or Hubbard are also really good picks here. I personally really like Rashaan Evans and would have zero complaints if he wound up in Detroit. He's an Alpha Dog, he'd be the leader on that defense and can play inside or out.

Round 2

Nettle and Nnandi are likely my targets in this area. We need more help on the DL. I think we bright Ngata back but we need another guy to play NT. We also need help at LG. Braden Smith could be taken here as well

Round 3

I like Phillips here in your original draft. You could still double dip, especially if you think he could play 3-4 DE. I'd probably side with D. Armstrong (Edge) or McFadden (CB).

I don't think that we look at RB until round 4 OR maybe in the third if we have acquired some extra picks.

I agree with most of this.

(Tho I think R.Evans is worth a 1st, seeing Bob Quinn taking him would be highly surprising given the needs. I assume Evans would push JRM into a sub package.). NT is the biggest need at this point because I am not sure Ngata re-signing is a given. Edge (OLB/DE) and OG are the most likely positions drafted in the 1st round, with CB having an outside shot if talent is available.

Could Tim Settle combine his way into the 1st round? He's the best NT and there seems to be a need with several teams, there is a possibility he goes before the Lions 2nd round pick. Would you be okay with him as a 1st rounder?

18 minutes ago, Myth said:

I agree with most of this.

(Tho I think R.Evans is worth a 1st, seeing Bob Quinn taking him would be highly surprising given the needs. I assume Evans would push JRM into a sub package.). NT is the biggest need at this point because I am not sure Ngata re-signing is a given. Edge (OLB/DE) and OG are the most likely positions drafted in the 1st round, with CB having an outside shot if talent is available.

Could Tim Settle combine his way into the 1st round? He's the best NT and there seems to be a need with several teams, there is a possibility he goes before the Lions 2nd round pick. Would you be okay with him as a 1st rounder?

We already sort of need to add a LB - Davis wasn't a rockstar but showed promise in the end; JRM was able to contribute; Whitehead might not be back on the roster; Worrilow likely not coming back. Even if we re-sign Whitehead we still would need to add at least one other guy. Ngata seems to want to come back and I do expect him to return. You also can't rely on him being healthy and the same player. Even if he is, that's only going to be for this year. So NT is certainly a need and could be addressed in Rd 1. I don't know enough about Settle to say yay or nay. For the moment, I wouldn't be thrilled if we compare him to the other guys available in that spot. If we traded down I would be less upset in that case.

Archived