Three Rounds to Complain About

bucsfan333

7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

We already sort of need to add a LB - Davis wasn't a rockstar but showed promise in the end; JRM was able to contribute; Whitehead might not be back on the roster; Worrilow likely not coming back. Even if we re-sign Whitehead we still would need to add at least one other guy. Ngata seems to want to come back and I do expect him to return. You also can't rely on him being healthy and the same player. Even if he is, that's only going to be for this year. So NT is certainly a need and could be addressed in Rd 1. I don't know enough about Settle to say yay or nay. For the moment, I wouldn't be thrilled if we compare him to the other guys available in that spot. If we traded down I would be less upset in that case.

Yeah, I'm aware of the LB shortfall. I'm just not 100% on how Patricia's defense will be using those ILB positions. Evans would be an ILB, not an EDGE. He's 6.3' @ 235lbs so he's not an EDGE. Davis & JRM are the starting ILBs. I'm not sure how to justify taking a 3rd ILB with a 1st Rd pick.

At EDGE, we need a starter across from Ziggy. That starter is presently not on the roster. While I think that's a very important position I'm not sure it's more important than the NT, because those guys are harder to find. 

I Iike Vea a lot, he's compared to Ngata oftentimes, and his physical freakiness allows him to be versatile and play in any system. And I suppose it's possible that he falls to#20. It isn't a good chance, but it's a chance. Then you have Settle, who hasn't had a lot of hype because he's a redshirt sophomore and media and personnel people haven't focused on him, yet. But I'll bet if he blows up the combine like he should, folks will be talking about him as a possible 1st rounder. He's got some freakiness in his athletic profile, as well. The North Carolina State boys looked good at the Senior Bowl and I heard good things, but didn't get to see Nathan Shepherd at the Senior Bowl. The other guys I see listed at DT who are @ 310 lbs are limited. 

Archived