Crowell's crew discussing extension

Bucketheadsdad

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No real reason not to pay him IMO.

Well if they haven't seen enough to make that decision yet they probably never will. I don't think he deserves top 10 money yet but I wouldn't complain if we gave it to him either. He is certainly our best option at RB and could be a top 10 back with the improvements we made on the line. We need to keep offenses honest with our passing game because he needs the space to get started but once he does he is dangerous.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if they haven't seen enough to make that decision yet they probably never will. I don't think he deserves top 10 money yet but I wouldn't complain if we gave it to him either. He is certainly our best option at RB and could be a top 10 back with the improvements we made on the line. We need to keep offenses honest with our passing game because he needs the space to get started but once he does he is dangerous.

I rather keep him hungry for the season.

I dont think he deserves top 10 money but he sure could earn it at the end of this season.

It comes down to how much he trust himself. If he was smart, he should bet on himself. Play on the one year and have a huge season and than cash in. Worse comes to worse he gets franchise tagged and he gets a nice one year pay day or he turns it into a solid multi year contract. 

I trust Sashi will offer him a deal that is what he is worth.

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Tranistion tag and match. 

Exactly 

I honestly think they've have their sights on Saquon Barkley. So we're not rushing to overpay Crow. We've got all the leverage no need to rush it. See how the draft plays out. We can always franchise tag and sign. 

I dont know if they have their sights on Barkley or not. If Crow shows he is a top tier back next year, then there is no reason to draft a RB. I think there is a reason he flashed so much potential in Hue's offense last year because I think he is well suited for it. Year 2 in the system with a healthy and improved OL and the attitude of wanting to run the ball. This is literally a make or break year for him. If he struggles to really produce like a top tier/top15 back its going to be on him and the coaches will go on their way with him. Make him a back up or let him walk. If he comes into the season and shows out, he will get paid exactly what he is worth. Great thing about him is Crow hasnt had too many hits or rushes. So getting him locked up into this 2nd contract will be perfect timing for both parties. Browns wont be signing a RB past his prime or a RB who might never reach his potential to a big contract.

The FO will handle this contract situation the right away. Sashi has shown to some how nail the worth of players pretty damn well. Except the Bowe but that was on Farmer. What ever the Browns pay him is exactly what he is worth. Crow just needs to go out and show his worth

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he will want at least 8 million per year. 

If he wants that much he better prove it. Only 3 RBs in the league make $8m a year or more. Thats Bell, McCoy, and Johnathan Stewart

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What does, if anything, does Freeman's 5 year extension for 41.25 million mean for Crowell's asking price?

it should show him if he wants to see that kind of money he needs to produce around 1500+ yards and 12+ TDs

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

What does, if anything, does Freeman's 5 year extension for 41.25 million mean for Crowell's asking price?

The important thing to remember is this deal is essentially a 3 year/26 million dollar deal. All of the guarantees are in those first 3 years.

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think it undercuts him a little... I keep hearing how Freeman averaging ~8 million per year is basically the same thing Ladanian Tomlinson made in his hey-day under a smaller cap, meaning clearly the running back position has depreciated. So as Buno said, Crowell needs to be realistic in his asking price and consider the fact that after this season he'll be 25 years old, so if he doesn't produce at the least a 1000 yard season he's basically condemned himself to being realllllly undervalued.

Archived