2017 All Not Texan's Anymore Team

Pastor Dillon

It's amazing how many guys are having good years that used to be Texans, so I figured I would make a list, and you guys could add to it:

QB: Case Kennum - Leading the Vikings to the NFC Championship

OG: Brandon Brooks - Skipping the Pro Bowl to start in the Super Bowl

C: Ben Jones - Starting for the Tennessee titans 

CB: AJ Bouye - Starting in the Pro Bowl after missing out on the Super Bowl by minutes

OLB: Brooks Reed - played all 16 games and two playoff games for the Falcons

S: Glover Quin - another solid season of starting at Saftey for the Lions

S: DJ Swearinger - grabbed a career high 4 INTs this season to go with 79 tackles

K: Randy Bullock 18 of 20 on FGs

Pretty good looking team right there, especially when those are all areas of need for us this season

Other ex-Texans

Rickey Hatley DT (BUF)

Eric Lee DE (NE)

Riley McCarron WR (NE)

James Ferentz C (NE)

Eric Winston T (CIN)

Max Bullough LB (CLE)

Chris Boswell K (PIT)

Josh Walker G (JAX)

Eli Ankou DT (JAX))

Brice McCain CB (TN)

Akeem Hunt RB (KC)

Steven Terrell CB (KC)

Nick Novak K (SD)

Laurence Gibson OT (NYG)

Darryl Morris CB (NYG) - might be coming back this off-season

Tony Bergstrom C (WSH)

Quintin Demps SS (CHI)

Eric Kush C (CHI)

Lamarr Houston OLB (CHI)

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB (TB)

Tramon Williams CB (AZ)

Connor Barwin OLB (STL)

Earl Mitchell DT (SF)

Oday Aboushi G (SEA)

ex-Texans "All-Star" squad

QB Case Keenum / Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Akeem Hunt

WR (none really - Riley McCarron maybe... some day)

TE (none really)

T Duane Brown / Eric Winston

G Brandon Brooks :( / Oday Aboushi 

C Ben Jones / Eric Kush

DE Earl Mitchell

NT (none really; someday maybe Eli Ankou + Rickey Hatley)

OLB Conner Barwin / Brooks Reed / Eric Lee (someday maybe)

ILB (none really - maybe Bullough)

CB Tramon Williams / Bouye :( / Brice McCain / Daryl Morris (I think he gets brought back this year)

S Glover Quin :( / Quentin Demps / Steven Terrell

K Chris Boswell :( 

I am appalled that the greatness of Donnie Jones, punter in 2012, has again been overlooked, dare I say SNUBBED by this board.  I mean he was so good in the Texans best season ever, Rick Smith's crack analytics team decided that punters age like fine wine and went out and got the only punter in the league older than him in Shane Lechler.  Donnie "Yogalates" Jones will be punting pigskins in his second Super Bowl next week, in the one game I still think they show a hang time clock just because is an extra thing to bet on.   Do us proud DoJo and be sure to thank Bob McNair for the field turf gap that tore up Brett "The Hitman" Hartmann's knee and gave you a shot back in the bigs.

Fun bonus fact - The Texans are the only team in NFL history to have both a Punter (Hartmann) and a Long Snapper (Pittman) suspended for steroids.  And they say the Patriots try to cheat to get every conceivable advantage...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 12:06 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

It's amazing how many guys are having good years that used to be Texans, so I figured I would make a list, and you guys could add to it:

QB: Case Kennum - Leading the Vikings to the NFC Championship

OG: Brandon Brooks - Skipping the Pro Bowl to start in the Super Bowl

C: Ben Jones - Starting for the Tennessee titans 

CB: AJ Bouye - Starting in the Pro Bowl after missing out on the Super Bowl by minutes

OLB: Brooks Reed - played all 16 games and two playoff games for the Falcons

S: Glover Quin - another solid season of starting at Saftey for the Lions

S: DJ Swearinger - grabbed a career high 4 INTs this season to go with 79 tackles

K: Randy Bullock 18 of 20 on FGs

Pretty good looking team right there, especially when those are all areas of need for us this season

In fairness:

Keenum didn't show much in Houston, though I always thought that was because Kubiack tried to force him to play his way as opposed to letting him loose, which is what got him to the NCAA leader status. Being forced to be something you're not has to screw up your development.

We ALL hated Swearinger and Bullock in Houston. DJ had the worst tackling technique as he thought lowering a shoulder and delivering the "hit stick" was the way to properly tackle rather than wrapping up. Bullock was called "Fat Kicker" and was so bad in crunch time that we laughed when he missed a HUGE kick against us to seal a L for the Bengals. They may be playing well elsewhere, but if they had been kept in Houston, everyone on here would have lost their minds.

As far as the rest of this list goes, it's a pretty bad look and is a testament to why we all have been screaming for Rick Smith to get canned for the last 5 or so seasons.

3 hours ago, shep0507 said:

We ALL hated Swearinger and Bullock in Houston. DJ had the worst tackling technique as he thought lowering a shoulder and delivering the "hit stick" was the way to properly tackle rather than wrapping up. Bullock was called "Fat Kicker" and was so bad in crunch time that we laughed when he missed a HUGE kick against us to seal a L for the Bengals. They may be playing well elsewhere, but if they had been kept in Houston, everyone on here would have lost their minds.

I'd also add that we all agreed we wanted nothing to do when Brooks Reed again. In fact, I'm sure we'll have a shot at Reed this off-season, as he's due to be cut from Atlanta this season.

Bouye, Brandon Brooks and Glover Quin should be proof enough that our player evaluation process was completely broken (Ben Jones could be added to this list, but he looked pretty bad in his time in Houston). 

Archived