Broncos WR Coach Tyke Tolbert expected to be hired to same position

Acgott

Good Gosh- not a whole lot out there about this guy, but I found this:

http://www.yourconroenews.com/neighborhood/moco/sports/article/NFL-Conroe-native-Tolbert-excited-for-12522694.php

Joining the Giants provides Tolbert the chance to work with one of the top players in the NFL in Odell Beckham Jr., who missed most of this past season with a fractured ankle. Over his first four years in the league, the 25-year-old LSU product has more than 300 catches for 4,400 yards and 38 touchdowns.

But before he was a three-time Pro Bowler – in fact, before he could even walk, much less run down a football field – he and Tolbert shared a special connection.

"I played college ball with Odell's dad (Odell Beckham Sr.) at LSU, and I went to school with his mom, Heather, at LSU," Tolbert said. "I told Odell when he was born, I held him as a baby outside of our dorm at LSU."

Another young receiver that Tobert will get to work with and develop is second-year pro Sterling Shepherd, who was a second-round pick by the Giants out of Oklahoma.

Shepherd has shown promise in his first two seasons and he, like Beckham, has a previous family connection to Tolbert.

"When I left Conroe High School, I took some official visits before I decided I was going to LSU," Tolbert said. "One of my official visits was the University of Oklahoma, and when I went there, his dad, Derrick Shepherd, was my host. He showed me around the University of Oklahoma the whole weekend."

3 hours ago, bzane said:

Good Gosh- not a whole lot out there about this guy, but I found this:

http://www.yourconroenews.com/neighborhood/moco/sports/article/NFL-Conroe-native-Tolbert-excited-for-12522694.php

Joining the Giants provides Tolbert the chance to work with one of the top players in the NFL in Odell Beckham Jr., who missed most of this past season with a fractured ankle. Over his first four years in the league, the 25-year-old LSU product has more than 300 catches for 4,400 yards and 38 touchdowns.

But before he was a three-time Pro Bowler – in fact, before he could even walk, much less run down a football field – he and Tolbert shared a special connection.

"I played college ball with Odell's dad (Odell Beckham Sr.) at LSU, and I went to school with his mom, Heather, at LSU," Tolbert said. "I told Odell when he was born, I held him as a baby outside of our dorm at LSU."

Another young receiver that Tobert will get to work with and develop is second-year pro Sterling Shepherd, who was a second-round pick by the Giants out of Oklahoma.

Shepherd has shown promise in his first two seasons and he, like Beckham, has a previous family connection to Tolbert.

"When I left Conroe High School, I took some official visits before I decided I was going to LSU," Tolbert said. "One of my official visits was the University of Oklahoma, and when I went there, his dad, Derrick Shepherd, was my host. He showed me around the University of Oklahoma the whole weekend."

That's pretty awesome that he has a connection to our top 2 WRs, especially Odell. Odell could go down as one of the greatest if he has the right mentors in his life. Hopefully Tolbert can be one of them.

Archived