2018 gopherwrestler Mock. V1

gopherwrestler

5 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

LMAO Case Keenum wasn’t just bad in the playoffs.  He had an ok year, but he was carried to the playoffs by being on such a talented roster.  He can make plays, but he is still just the 3rd best QB on our roster.  You are fooling yourself if you actually think that he is a more talented passer that Bradford or Bridgewater.  The ONLY thing that Keenum has on the other 2 QBs is health.

I KNOW he is better than Bridgewater. I watched the games this season.

You're kidding yourself if you think you're making a point.

14 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Statistically, he was the 2nd worst QB in the playoffs. That is a fact.

The Vikings are not in the super bowl, and Case Keenm is part of the root cause. 

What evidence do you have to support that Bridgewater (or rookie QB in this scenario) “couldn’t hope” to do what Keenum did.

You have a pretty closed minded approach to this off-season in terms of the QB position. Keenum had a chance to shine when the stakes were highest and didn’t. He had a hot stretch of 6 games and was pretty average for the rest of them. Easily replaced and I think either of the other QBs (Bradford or Teddy in the OP’s scenario) or a Rookie like Jackson could fairly easily do what Case did this year and more.

The decision to draft a QB in this mock is the right one in my opinion, because I think that Case played to the absolute best of his abilities, and had a better path the the Super Bowl than anyone could have hoped for (homefiekd game one, and playing against a backup round two) and still fell short.

Time to move on. Jackson is a good pick.

Statistically, is only part of the story. A fact is that you look silly dismissing Case as the starter for next year, while then turning to Bridgewater of all.people as a savior.  There goes your credibility. I never implied Keenum was the best option this off-season, but as it pertains to Minnesota, he most certainly is.  That's a fact.

He is no where near as much a part of us being out of the championship as our defense is. To pretend he is, is downright foolish, and once again, taints anything you say afterwards. 

How can I state that Bridgewater couldn't hope to do what Keenum did? Because he can't.  I could just say what you did, Stats. 14 TD - 12 INT, then 2015, 14 TD - 9 INT. Consistently over threw open receivers; even if they were wide open. Yes, he is young and I "did" see an upside; that was before he got hurt however. With an injury so terrible that to even be able to walk properly and move fluidly again (like a QB) is nothing short of a miracle. No way on Earth do you drop Keenum who excelled this year in this offense and can only get better, for someone like Bridgewater. Please. Just because you don't think he was good enough means nothing.

He had a chance to shine all season and he did. What are you talking about? You did watch the games?? Yes, he had pieces around him to make him more effective but he easily did his part and played well the majority of the season, and played well against the Saints. To pretend our offensive playcalling on the 2nd half wasn't overly cautious is ill advised when we all watched it. Keenum proved to be able to push the ball down the field on a big stage but the conservativeness and drop off of the defense let Saints back in that game. Keenum was not the issue, come on now.

If you think Fragile Bradford and dink dunk Teddy can replicate what Case did, then you are just bitter at Keenum because, for whatever reason, you think going a different route is the answer. Couldn't be more off point. Our entire team EXCEPT Keenum and the WRs imploded by the 2nd half of the NO game. 

To the absolute best of his abilities? This year and his first year around these group of guys?

So, a 13-3 record and a trip to the NFC Championship game with Keenum playing at his best for his first stint with the Vikings, without Cook and a banged up OL, is awful I guess. I can't tell if you're serious.

HE didn't fall short. The team fell short. He was one of the few bright spots during this post season collapse. Again, thank God we are just fans and don't make the decisions.

Wrong. No, Im not labeling your opinion wrong but your dismissal and attitude towards Case, absolutely. Wrong.

Time to move on? Please. Time to move on from Remmers, yes; from Hill, yes. Move on from Forbath, yes; Move on from a collapse from #1 to #32 defense, yes.

Keenum? No buddy. He isn't going anywhere. And I am so glad. I mean, if he does, then I trust the front office in their decision making but I doubt he goes anywhere. Only Brees or Luck would be a certain upgrade and that isn't going to happen.

Jackson is a good athlete but no way is he a "good pick up". Decent with potential, okay, but since he will likely be the only QB left when we pick, I can't say I doubt we don't select him if the front office sees something in him.  I trust then in terms of the draft so if they like Jackson, I'm all for it.

Keenum is probably staying btw

OT: I like the mock as a whole. Great effort put forth and alot of thought put into it. Very knowledgeable poster this guy. Great job.

My opinion.....

Talent: Bradford > Bridgewater > Keenum

Cost: Keenum > Bradford > Bridgewater

Durability: Keenum > Bridgewater > Bradford

Potential: Bridgewater > Keenum > Bradford

History: Bradford > Bridgewater > Keenum

Most likely to want to stay in MN: Bridgewater > Bradford > Keneum

Most likely Spielman's 1st choice: who knows

Heimdallr's preference: Bridgewater = Bradford = Keenum

11 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

LMAO Case Keenum wasn’t just bad in the playoffs.  He had an ok year, but he was carried to the playoffs by being on such a talented roster. 

This is a borderline lazy comment. You could probably say that about 95% of young or inexperienced QBs who bring their teams deep in the playoffs as new starters.

Look at this statline comparison just as one example:

Brady, 2001: 63.9%, 2,843 yards, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, 86.9 QB rating (15 games, 14 starts, 11-3 record)
Keenum, 2017: 67.6%, 3,547 yards, 22 TDs, 7 INTs, 98.3 QB rating (15 games, 14 starts, 11-3 record)

I'm guessing NE should've went back to Drew Bledsoe the next year because he was a more talented player than the 6th round sophomore?

Look, I'm not saying Keenum is the next Brady or even that we must stick with him next year or for the foreseeable future. I'm honestly still up in the air on that. I'm just pointing out that the "carried by a talented roster" excuse isn't one I'm going to use. If you think other QBs can give you similar production for a better monetary value, fine. But plenty of successful quarterbacks in this league have been "carried."

7 hours ago, Morleericks said:

Statistically, is only part of the story. A fact is that you look silly dismissing Case as the starter for next year, while then turning to Bridgewater of all.people as a savior.  There goes your credibility. I never implied Keenum was the best option this off-season, but as it pertains to Minnesota, he most certainly is.  That's a fact.

He is no where near as much a part of us being out of the championship as our defense is. To pretend he is, is downright foolish, and once again, taints anything you say afterwards. 

How can I state that Bridgewater couldn't hope to do what Keenum did? Because he can't.  I could just say what you did, Stats. 14 TD - 12 INT, then 2015, 14 TD - 9 INT. Consistently over threw open receivers; even if they were wide open. Yes, he is young and I "did" see an upside; that was before he got hurt however. With an injury so terrible that to even be able to walk properly and move fluidly again (like a QB) is nothing short of a miracle. No way on Earth do you drop Keenum who excelled this year in this offense and can only get better, for someone like Bridgewater. Please. Just because you don't think he was good enough means nothing.

He had a chance to shine all season and he did. What are you talking about? You dis watch the games?? Yes, he had pieces around him to make him more effective but he easily did his part and played well the majority of the season, and played well against the Saint's. To pretend our offensive playcalling on the 2nd half wasn't overly cautious is I'll advised when we all watched it. Keenum proved to be able to push the ball down the field on a big stage but the conservativeness and drop off of the defense let Saints back in that game. Keenum was not the issue, come on now.

If you think Fragile Bradford and dink dunk Teddy can replicate what Case did, then you are just bitter at Keenum because, for whatever reason, you think going a different route is the answer. Couldn't be more off point. Our entire team EXCEPT Keenum and the Ers imploded by the 2nd half of the NO game. 

To the absolute best of his abilities? This year and his first year around these group of guys?

Oh ok, a 13-3 record and a trip to the NFC Championship game with Keenum playing at his best for his first stint with the Vikings, without Cook and a banged up OL, is awful I guess. I can't tell if you're serious.

HE didn't fall short. The team fell short. He was one of the few bright spots during thus post season collapse. Again, thank God we are just fans and don't make the decisions.

Wrong. Wrong. Third time, wrong. No, Im not labeling your opinion wrong but your dismissal and attitude towards Case, absolutely. Wrong.

Time to move on? Please. Time to move on from Remmers, yes; from Hill, yes. Move on from Forbath, yes; Move on from a collapse from #1 to #32 defense, yes.

Keenum? No buddy. He isn't going anywhere. And I am so glad. 

Jackson is a good athlete but no way is he a "good pick up". Decent with potential, okay, but since he will likely be the only QB left when we pick, I can't say I doubt we don't select him if the front office sees something in him.  I trust then in terms of the draft so if they like Jackson, I'm all for it.

Keenum is staying btw

I agree with this.

The hate for Case is funny.

"Case had his best year" ... But still dismissing the fact that Teddy will likely have a worst year then 2018 Case.

I stated previously that I think the organization will move on completely without with Teddy, unless maybe they can toll him and keep his against his wishes as the cheap backup QB 

{Gopherwrestler's new dog didn't eat his homework.  Off-topic posts did.}

I recall the mock off season on page one from a quick read yesterday, and agree with most of it,

and agree that a vet FA CB is an ideal approach to fill the vacancy left by Newman, but...

I'll add some comments about positions, not players, later, as I've been diverted  by something else...

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

100% true.. I agree

2017 Case > 2018 Case > 2018 Teddy > 2017 Teddy

We haven't seen 2018 Case. Lmao

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

the way casual fans state things with such certainty is amusing. so much passion!

Passion indeed.

Archived