2018 gopherwrestler Mock. V1

gopherwrestler

2 hours ago, rusty28264 said:

I feel like we have to lock up Kendricks, Hunter and Diggs this off-season 

To me it would be smart for at least Hunter. Probably will be the cheapest. But if he doesn’t continue to develop you are stuck with a big contract.

Kendricks would be safe and I would be fine with it.

Diggs probably wouldn’t sign one unless it was him getting paid high dollars this year. He has played hurt the better part of his career. Never living up to the big numbers that he probably should put up. Willing to bet he is fine with where he is and hoping for big numbers next year

8 hours ago, rpmwr19 said:

With Phillips I’m assuming you mean 3-technique and not a 5-technique? We don’t have 5T defensive tackles. 

No, I am saying he has the ability to play anything on the defensive line outside of sliding way outside as a speed rusher. Did have it worded funny I guess

4 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

With you having Teddy back, what if he ends up playing up to the level some of us expect him too what do you do with Jackson at that point? 

And say they don't draft him at 30, what do you see them doing, does that change your whole draft?

That’s perfectly fine. If he plays great you now have the option to resign him or move on.

and not exactly. I wouldn’t be against just going back to a bpa option at that point. Something I usually am always trying to stick to either way.

15 hours ago, Morleericks said:

Why is everyone here so high on Jackson?  I don't see it.

Rather just keep Bridgewater 

we are keeping Bridgewater. at least in this mock.

I'd rather have Mason Rudolph, because I worry that Jackson will be an injury waiting to happen with his running style.

Nice Job.  Definitely worth the wait;)   I am a big fan of building the OL to be one of the top units in the league and adding Norwell would be ideal.  Robey-Coleman was one of the guys I was looking at to fill in for Newman.  I like the draft as well with Jackson and Phillips hitting big needs at QB and DT.  While I am a little more optimistic about Treadwell, you make a good case for taking a talented WR.  Don't know anything about Smith, but he seems like the type of RB3 I am hoping the team takes.

Good mock.  I appreciate the work you put into it.

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

we are keeping Bridgewater. at least in this mock.

I'd rather have Mason Rudolph, because I worry that Jackson will be an injury waiting to happen with his running style.

I mean keep Bridgewater and forget about Jackson; that's if any of this mock comes true. I personally don't want either.

Keep Keenum and draft a QB. Only FA worth signing is Brees, and that isn't going to happen.

1 minute ago, Morleericks said:

I mean keep Bridgewater and forget about Jackson; that's if any of this mock comes true. I personally don't want either.

Keep Keenum and draft a QB. Only FA worth signing is Brees, and that isn't going to happen.

Why keep Keenum? He hit his ceiling this year, and it isn't good enough. Why would you pay for that?

Good mock @gopherwrestler

I think you hit all of the needs with good players, although I think I would like to a safety added to the mix instead of another WR. Yes our top 2 are injury prone, and Treadwell hasn't come on, but I think that adding more safety depth is important with Sendejo missing time this year.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Good mock @gopherwrestler

I think you hit all of the needs with good players, although I think I would like to a safety added to the mix instead of another WR. Yes our top 2 are injury prone, and Treadwell hasn't come on, but I think that adding more safety depth is important with Sendejo missing time this year.

I personally don't think a 5th round safety in this draft will make any more of an impact than what Sendejo would this year.
Only reason I did not go that route.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

I personally don't think a 5th round safety in this draft will make any more of an impact than what Sendejo would this year.
Only reason I did not go that route.

Not suggesting that he'd make more of an impact than Sendejo (I'm a big Sendejo supporter), I just thought that we should add depth to the position. Harris and Kearse can be improved upon.

Just a nitpick, nice work.

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Why keep Keenum? He hit his ceiling this year, and it isn't good enough. Why would you pay for that?

How is he not good enough? Because our defense went from #1 in the league to #32 in the second half against the Saint's and the ALL game against the Eagles?

We wouldn't have won that game with Aaron Rodgers at QB. 

Keenum hit his ceiling and so what? He was more than good enough in his role to win a Super Bowl. Yes, he had some mistakes here and there but to say he didn't play well enough is ridiculous.

Again, keep Keenum and draft a QB. Not like the front office is going to see or consider what I'm saying anyway.

Archived