Browns hire Todd Haley as OC

Chiefer

If you don't love WR Screens already, well you really aren't going to next year. I kid. Haley's Offensives put up stats but there are a few nuances in his playcalling in every game that will drive you bananas. It'll be interesting to see how the Steeler Defense plays him. 

17 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

good move for Haley in that he'll almost certainly wind up being a head coach after this

bad news for him is he'll be the HC of the 0-6 Browns

Thus ending the worst tenure in the history of the league, Hue Jackson's 1-37 career record.

You can't convince me that random posters on this site could do worse as an NFL Head Coach.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm still baffled he somehow survived as head coach after going 0-16.

Rumor has it that his contract had a major poison pill in it if fired after only 2 years (or less). If he is winless at the bye next year, I would expect them to fire him. He has a new OC who is calling plays in Haley, and that OC also has coaching experience.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rumor has it that his contract had a major poison pill in it if fired after only 2 years (or less). If he is winless at the bye next year, I would expect them to fire him. He has a new OC who is calling plays in Haley, and that OC also has coaching experience.

Best explanation I've heard yet. Either that or he has Haslam's wife and kids tied up in his basement or something.

Archived