OnWisconsin Mock Draft V.3

OnWisconsin-JRS

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

That was a nice draft. I like the progression of OLB, WR, TE early. I'd probably have gone CB with my first 3rd round pick (say  Stanford's Meeks or Alabama's Wallace - I like D.J.Reed too, but he is listed 5'9"), then TE and very possibly TE again (Fumagalli, Gesicki, Breneman, Hurst maybe) but I still like your effort. I thought WR Ateman is going somewhere in round 2, but the positions of many players haven't really shaken out yet, no true consensus out there.

Really doubt we're taking two TEs in the draft, unless you're talking about one in the mid round and one late.  Our depth chart should be Veteran FA, Kendricks, and then a draft pick.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Really doubt we're taking two TEs in the draft, unless you're talking about one in the mid round and one late.  Our depth chart should be Veteran FA, Kendricks, and then a draft pick.

My thoughts were taking two complementary TEs. Kendricks seems to have done very little in 2017, so a more polished TE like Fumagalli or Breneman, paired with a really athletic specimen with good speed like Gesicki, looked attractive to me.

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

My thoughts were taking two complementary TEs. Kendricks seems to have done nothing, so a more polished TE like Fumagalli or Breneman, paired with a really athletic specimen with good speed like Gesicki, looked attractive to me.

I just don't see a whole lot of reason to invest in a high floor TE, when you can probably re-sign Richard Rodgers to a modest contract.  He knows the offensive system, and probably can handle the job at a reasonable level.  I think this is the offseason to splurge on a TE, and I think there's real motivation to go after Jimmy Graham.  I'm not going to offer $10M/year for Graham like he was making, but if he's willing to do something like 3 years, $24M I'd be very receptive to that.

Archived