OnWisconsin Mock Draft V.3

OnWisconsin-JRS

No Free Agency this time but just drafting!!!!

Round 1: Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech

Round 2: Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M

Round 3: Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota St.

Round 3 Comp: Kentavius Street OLB/DL NC State

Round 4: Marcell Ateman WR Ok. State

Round 5: Levi Wallace CB Alabama 

Round 5 Comp: Deadrein Senat DT South Florida

Round 5 Comp: Holton Hill CB Texas 

Round 5 Comp: Taron Johnson CB Weber St.

Round 6: Zachary Crabtree OL Ok. State

Round 7: Bradley Bozeman OL Alabama 

Round 7 Comp: Natrell Jamerson S Wisconsin 

Not completely sold on Edmunds (not sure he's a dominate pass rusher) but I  really like this draft.  Outside of Edmunds and maybe Goedert, I    think the other 4 or our first 6 picks will go earlier than what is projected here.

11 hours ago, OnWisconsin-JRS said:

I am opposite I am on the Edmunds train 

So I take it your replacing Ryan with Edmunds? In the few film clips I’ve seen that’s where he played except for goal line D where he lined up at OLB. Only saw him blitz from an ILB position so far. 

Not saying he can’t. I actually think he might be the most athletic LB outside of maybe Roquan Smith... maybe. Just haven’t seen him do it yet. 

34 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

So I take it your replacing Ryan with Edmunds? In the few film clips I’ve seen that’s where he played except for goal line D where he lined up at OLB. Only saw him blitz from an ILB position so far. 

Not saying he can’t. I actually think he might be the most athletic LB outside of maybe Roquan Smith... maybe. Just haven’t seen him do it yet. 

Edmunds is one of my favorite players in the draft ... great all around backer with some edge potential.  He'd be a massive upgrade to that linebacking core.  19 years old .. sky is the limit.

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Edmunds is one of my favorite players in the draft ... great all around backer with some edge potential.  He'd be a massive upgrade to that linebacking core.  19 years old .. sky is the limit.

Love Edmunds as well. Mentioned him a couple weeks ago as well BUT, I have yet to see him rush the QB. He certainly has the tools to be a pass rusher just that he hasn’t done it. If you take him at 14 to be an OLB you may need to wait 2-3 years for him to fully develop. I’d love him in GB at ILB but think we have bigger fish to fry. 

I think Goedert's a bit early here actually. This TE class is a bit of a dumpster fire except for the kid from Oklahoma and Adam Brenemen. Not a fan of double-dipping at WR within the first four rounds; especially not in the 2nd. Sure, it's nice that EDGE is addressed in the first round, but that's our biggest weakness by far and we can hold off on investing in WR's when Allison is reliable and we've got everyone else locked up for a bit longer. 

"Round 3: Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota St.

Round 3 Comp: Kentavius Street OLB/DL NC State

Round 4: Marcell Ateman WR Ok. State

Round 5: Levi Wallace CB Alabama "

That was a nice draft. I like the progression of OLB, WR, TE early. I'd probably have gone CB with my first 3rd round pick (say  Stanford's Meeks or Alabama's Wallace - I like D.J.Reed too, but he is listed 5'9"), then TE and very possibly TE again (Fumagalli, Gesicki, Breneman, Hurst maybe) but I still like your effort. I thought WR Ateman is going somewhere in round 2, but the positions of many players haven't really shaken out yet, no true consensus out there.

Archived