Future of David Irving

WizardHawk

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, if we think Seattle is a good landing spot, then a package involving Thomas and Irving would be doable, no?  It's going in reverse of the "war daddy" mantra, but seems like a logical step here. 

I think I posed this trade a while back, but I don't remember what the response was like.

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Really? If I am another team I run up and throw a 2nd in Dallas face while I laugh that I get D.I.

5 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Agreed. He has been a monster when healthy. I would put the 1st round tag on him, let him play that out and discuss a long term deal next year. 

IMO we are less than 50% on hitting the 2nd round pick with success and a lot lower if we are going to waste it on another TE that wont see the field because God forbid our coaches man up and tell Witten he cant play every down anymore.

Remember the flexibility that an extra 2nd rounder gives. You are rarely stuck with it. It can be packaged with it's buddy and traded up. Then you have two first round picks. We could draft say, Vita Vea and Tremaine Edmunds. That's not a bad trade off for Irving, and we'd still have our 3rd rounder. 

Or it can be packaged with our current first and we can move WAY up in the first round, and you still have another 2nd.  There are unlimited possibilities, including the real possibility that someone in the 2nd round is just as good or better than Irving. All pro's like Sean Lee can sometimes be had in the 2nd. Looks like Awuzie was our best DB by the end of the year and he was last years 2nd.

That's why teams HATE giving up draft picks, and why I doubt anyone does. There are to many things you can do with them.

If a decent player is like a $50 gift card that can only be spent at one store. A 2nd round draft pick is like a $40 visa debit card that can be spent anywhere. A first round draft pick is worth more than almost any current non QB on our roster. 

Dallas has made their stance and they are not investing in the player. He went undrafted because he has character issues. He was suspended for PED, kicked out of a game for fighting, and frankly hasn't been able to put together a full year for what ever reason. I believe Dallas likes the player, but not the person. We have been asking for Jerry to get value for players that are not going to be with this team, they are trying to do that here.

David Irving is probably my favorite player on the team.  He’s tiptoeing toward toward JJ Watt status.  It’s just a matter of time before he completely blows up the nfl.  I hate the fact that SJ is alienating him.  I get trying to motivate him to staying healthy, clean, etc.  but let me put things in perspective... we signed Crawford to a monster deal based on less than what we’ve seen Irving do.  Crawford never completely dominated and took over games.  Irving has.  I would sign him now before his value skyrockets.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:06 PM, WizardHawk said:

This has been thrown around for a week or better, but I am getting a going sense that Dallas isn't terribly committed to David Irving in the long term in any sense. SJ seems to add a little more fuel to that again.

Can anyone figure this out? He's developing well and has at times has flashed elite ability. Dallas slaps him with anything less than a 1st rd tender, someone is going to ****** him up real quick.

I don't get the thought process here?

It took me way to long to figure out what word could be used in this sentence that would be censored. 

For those of you wondering at home, its another word for a females genitals. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It took me way to long to figure out what word could be used in this sentence that would be censored. 

For those of you wondering at home, its another word for a females genitals. 

LOL. I didn't even notice that. And, yes it is female genitals. LMAO!

Archived