Future of David Irving

WizardHawk

43 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He had 7 sacks in 8 games as a defensive tackle. I never want to hear a complaint about the lack of a pass rush from the people advocating to trade him for a second round pick. 

It's not just the sacks, either, since he only had 4.5 coming into 2017 and people used that to dismiss him. When you add everything up (hits, hurries, TFLs, FFs, FRs, PDs, even blocked kicks) and adjust it all per snap, it becomes rather obvious that he's one of the most dominant DLs in the league.

Everyone lists Zeke, Tyron, Lee and Bailey as injuries that cost us the season, but Irving deserves to be on that group. The pass rush went noticeably missing without him in the last month- an incredibly common theme in this team's recent seasons coming to an premature conclusion. If that's the case, why set him as an outcast when the others are obvious franchise players? To make a statement? What, that'd you rather have Keith Smith and Joe Looney for the same price? That you think Taco can be as good when he has questions in his own right (motor, tenacity)? This team, man.

We should wait to see the tender. I'm okay with a 1st and him playing for us for cheap next year. If they place a 2nd I think it's a win win. But that's just me. I don't see the harm in giving him a 1st round tender though if that's what everyone wanted.

Now the likelihood of someone surrendering that is slim to none. If they did I absolutely let him walk for a chance to get a 1st rounder that comes with a rookie contract.

Lawrence has missed 25% of possible career games, has been susp for PEDs, is a FA and is coming off a big year. 

Irving has missed 27% of possible career games, has been susp. of PEDs, is a FA and is coming off a big year. 

Both players had 7 sacks over last 12 games, but one only played in 8 games. Lawrence has averaged a sack every 82.7 snaps over his career. Irving has averaged a sack every 88.9 snaps. 

Lawrence is viewed as a must re-sign for big money.

Irving is cheap, but ok to walk for a 2nd rder. 

icon_confused.gif

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Lawrence has missed 25% of possible career games, has been susp for PEDs, is a FA and is coming off a big year. 

Irving has missed 27% of possible career games, has been susp. of PEDs, is a FA and is coming off a big year. 

Both players had 7 sacks over last 12 games, but one only played in 8 games. Lawrence has averaged a sack every 82.7 snaps over his career. Irving has averaged a sack every 88.9 snaps. 

icon_confused.gif

I agree it'd be foolish to let him walk. I just think we should all be prepared for that possibility

11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

icon_confused.gif

It kinda makes me not want to pair them long term tbh. 

But you can't tell me that you think Irving was just as successful last year as Lawrence, and they are sitting in the exact same boat. Lawrence had more than double Irvings sacks, and tackles, and 4 times as many forced fumbles. So yeah, I view them a little different.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

DK6yvTNY_bigger.jpg mike fisher ✭Verified account @fishsports 3h3 hours ago

More

.@Caliboy_95 news: Sources tell me amid tough talk from #Cowboys brass re contract, team has reached out to open discussion w reps for ‘uniquely talented’ DL David Irving

At first I misread and thought it said reached a deal. I want my like back. ¬¬

Archived