Free Agents Thread

DaBoys

"I'm not worrying about that, my agent handles all that," he told NFL.com. "It will get done eventually, so I'm not worrying about my contract. I'm trying to have a good time with this group of guys [in Orlando] and my family while I'm here."

Lawrence said he's comfortable if the Cowboys decide to use the franchise tag on him if sides can't agree on a deal before the Feb. 13 deadline.

"Franchise not bad. Contract not bad," the 25-year-old said. "So, like I said, I'm not worrying about nothing. I'll leave it up to my agent, he'll take care of me."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000910125/article/cowboys-de-lawrence-not-worrying-about-contract

Sounds like Lawrence is definitely coming back. What other free agents are we interested in? I've heard Landry and Watkins. Dontari Poe...

We will have more money this offseason than usual. After last years free

agent disaster I expect a tweak in philosophy.

I doubt Miami lets Landry get away, same deal with LA and Watkins. I'd have some interest in Poe if he came cheap, would be a great 1T for us. 

@JWingate is high on Paul Richardson, who I wouldn't have a problem with adding to the team assuming we move on from Williams. 

We would have to move on from someone.

Dez, TWill, Beasley, Switzer, and a hypothetical FA WR is alot of weight in one spot. Unless it's a Brice Butler caliber FA. 

What sucks is the staff is already qualifying WRs as Dak friendly or not. Dez, TWill, and Beasley are 3 completely different WRs, and NONE of them are Dak friendly?

Sounds like the guy who has been divorced 3 times, and blames his ex's. 1 divorce? Sure. Maybeeee 2. But 3 divorces? The problems in the mirror.

15 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I doubt Miami lets Landry get away, same deal with LA and Watkins. I'd have some interest in Poe if he came cheap, would be a great 1T for us. 

@JWingate is high on Paul Richardson, who I wouldn't have a problem with adding to the team assuming we move on from Williams. 

I think that Paul Richardson could play the 'Z' for Dallas and replace T-Will and actually give Dallas a deep threat and help Dez on the other side. If we some how see Dez gone from this team in 2018, which I do not see happening, it would be major for Dallas to also resign Brice Butler.

X - Brice Butler
Z - Paul Richardson
Y - Cole Beasley 

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We would have to move on from someone.

Dez, TWill, Beasley, Switzer, and a hypothetical FA WR is alot of weight in one spot. Unless it's a Brice Butler caliber FA. 

What sucks is the staff is already qualifying WRs as Dak friendly or not. Dez, TWill, and Beasley are 3 completely different WRs, and NONE of them are Dak friendly?

Sounds like the guy who has been divorced 3 times, and blames his ex's. 1 divorce? Sure. Maybeeee 2. But 3 divorces? The problems in the mirror.

Yeah that kinda bothers me as well. Feel like a QB should be able to make any receiver work.

9 minutes ago, JWingate said:

I think that Paul Richardson could play the 'Z' for Dallas and replace T-Will and actually give Dallas a deep threat and help Dez on the other side. If we some how see Dez gone from this team in 2018, which I do not see happening, it would be major for Dallas to also resign Brice Butler.

X - Brice Butler
Z - Paul Richardson
Y - Cole Beasley 

Would love to add someone like Richardson. Actually think I mocked him Dallas if they move on from Dez. Would guess he is probably going to be well out of Dallas price range though.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Would love to add someone like Richardson. Actually think I mocked him Dallas if they move on from Dez. Would guess he is probably going to be well out of Dallas price range though.

The thing no one is talking about is Dallas has an out for Dez and T-Will after the season. I think they are going to have to make moves this off season if they plan on moving on from them. I believe replacing one like T-Will and seeing what Dez does with what should be an improvement would be the easiest way to go.

13 minutes ago, JWingate said:

The thing no one is talking about is Dallas has an out for Dez and T-Will after the season. I think they are going to have to make moves this off season if they plan on moving on from them. I believe replacing one like T-Will and seeing what Dez does with what should be an improvement would be the easiest way to go.

I didn't realize the out for Dez contract was already upon us. Seems like he just signed that contract. That puts a little different spin on things. 

Landry doesn't sound as confident as Lawrence:

"They're moving. They're moving slowly, but they're moving," he said. "And again for me, [for] the most part I've been out trying to enjoy my time with my family, with these other guys -- these talented guys around the league, and just letting the rest take care of itself."

As he has throughout contract talks, Landry said he wants to remain with the Dolphins.

"I would love to," he said. "I would love to, but understanding [that] it's a business -- one that I don't truly understand -- but again, I love the game of football and that's the most important thing to me and if I can do that, that's all that matters."

Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum was nondescript when discussing Landry's situation Wednesday.

"We have more time to go before the deadline," Tannenbaum told Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. "We'll see where it goes

On 1/26/2018 at 11:06 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

HE. MUST. BE. PURGED.

If we ever want to win a SB again, the cursed one must leave!

Y'know I really will lmao if L.P. retires/gets cut/not re-signed and we win the big one.

Archived