Free Agents Thread

DaBoys

A Dak friendly offense is when your high paid receivers catch the football when thrown to and a coaching staff who can design plays that keep the opposing defenses on their toes and not loading the box to stop the Cowboys vanilla dink &dunk offense. Look at the 2018 Super Bowl opponents both teams have players on the rosters who are showing accountability when called upon the field and coaching and management staff doing what it takes to win a Super Bowl. As for now in Jerry's world he wants to look like the guy of loyalty and show his players that he will pay them no matter how they perform and he stands by them in media interviews(DEZ). Hopefully Stephen Jones can get through Jerry's thick skull and demand that players live up to the expectations of your contract or take a pay cut or move on from those players. You cant build a championship team with these issues handcuffing the cap space of your team, the Cowboy's need to stop over paying for players just because they need to fill position needs (Brandon Carr, Tyrone Crawford). The good teams have a chemistry of stud players and lunch pail players and it's those lunch pail players that create the glue to the chemistry. Cowboy fans just need to swallow our pride and look at what the Eagles have done to get were their at today. Everyone stepping up to the challenge not like the Cowboy's in 2018,with their dismal performers (Chaz Green, Justin Durant, Byron Bell, Nolan Carol, Stephen Pea). So with all the new coaching changes this year hopefully they can reevaluate this roster and figure who needs to stay and who needs to go.

My gut feeling with a new offensive line coach move forward and don't resign Byron Bell, Johnathan Cooper and Joe Looney . Sign Chris Hubbard (C/OG/OT) from Pittsburgh 25 years old and draft( Isiah Wynn, Billy Price, Will Hernandez) in first 2 rounds. In Hubbard you have a guy that can play any where on the offensive line and if the Cowboys put him @ RT they could move Collins back to LG and get back that Chemistry that him and Tyron had going before they moved him to RT.

As for a 1TECH. target Jay Bromley of the New York Giants 25 years old and a low cap hit last year might get a bargain here plus you raid depth from an opposing team in your division then they could move Collins back to his 3 TECH position.

At the wide receiver position I strongly feel that the Cowboy's should try and trade Beasley only because he's the same style of player as Switzer is and we need to add a variety of players to give opposing teams fits when it comes to defend us. I'm not sure what the Cowboy's have in store for Dez Bryant but if he's still part of this team move him to the middle of the field and not on the outside let him use his size to shield smaller CBs that defend him and hopefully Dez can catch the ball and get rid of the drops! Brice Butler let him go and try and target a (Paul Richardson. Allen Robinson, Marquis Goodwin, Tony Gabriel). Going forward lets see if the Cowboy's learned their lesson from 2017 and revamp their offensive play theory and incorporate a good passing game to go with the run game.

With our linebacker position this year I'm hoping that the Cowboy's have a shot to draft Tremaine Edmunds and if they cant get him then Darius Leonard both backers can be 3 down player with very high ceilings to help inject play making ability to this defense. Also this would give Jaylon Smith more time to help recover from his injuries. Hitchens deserved a long-term contract but the writers feel that his manger will demand too much. Wilber is just a special teamer and we can draft another later rounds.

3 hours ago, cowboysdreamer said:

A Dak friendly offense is when your high paid receivers catch the football when thrown to and a coaching staff who can design plays that keep the opposing defenses on their toes and not loading the box to stop the Cowboys vanilla dink &dunk offense. Look at the 2018 Super Bowl opponents both teams have players on the rosters who are showing accountability when called upon the field and coaching and management staff doing what it takes to win a Super Bowl. As for now in Jerry's world he wants to look like the guy of loyalty and show his players that he will pay them no matter how they perform and he stands by them in media interviews(DEZ). Hopefully Stephen Jones can get through Jerry's thick skull and demand that players live up to the expectations of your contract or take a pay cut or move on from those players. You cant build a championship team with these issues handcuffing the cap space of your team, the Cowboy's need to stop over paying for players just because they need to fill position needs (Brandon Carr, Tyrone Crawford). The good teams have a chemistry of stud players and lunch pail players and it's those lunch pail players that create the glue to the chemistry. Cowboy fans just need to swallow our pride and look at what the Eagles have done to get were their at today. Everyone stepping up to the challenge not like the Cowboy's in 2018,with their dismal performers (Chaz Green, Justin Durant, Byron Bell, Nolan Carol, Stephen Pea). So with all the new coaching changes this year hopefully they can reevaluate this roster and figure who needs to stay and who needs to go.

My gut feeling with a new offensive line coach move forward and don't resign Byron Bell, Johnathan Cooper and Joe Looney . Sign Chris Hubbard (C/OG/OT) from Pittsburgh 25 years old and draft( Isiah Wynn, Billy Price, Will Hernandez) in first 2 rounds. In Hubbard you have a guy that can play any where on the offensive line and if the Cowboys put him @ RT they could move Collins back to LG and get back that Chemistry that him and Tyron had going before they moved him to RT.

As for a 1TECH. target Jay Bromley of the New York Giants 25 years old and a low cap hit last year might get a bargain here plus you raid depth from an opposing team in your division then they could move Collins back to his 3 TECH position.

At the wide receiver position I strongly feel that the Cowboy's should try and trade Beasley only because he's the same style of player as Switzer is and we need to add a variety of players to give opposing teams fits when it comes to defend us. I'm not sure what the Cowboy's have in store for Dez Bryant but if he's still part of this team move him to the middle of the field and not on the outside let him use his size to shield smaller CBs that defend him and hopefully Dez can catch the ball and get rid of the drops! Brice Butler let him go and try and target a (Paul Richardson. Allen Robinson, Marquis Goodwin, Tony Gabriel). Going forward lets see if the Cowboy's learned their lesson from 2017 and revamp their offensive play theory and incorporate a good passing game to go with the run game.

With our linebacker position this year I'm hoping that the Cowboy's have a shot to draft Tremaine Edmunds and if they cant get him then Darius Leonard both backers can be 3 down player with very high ceilings to help inject play making ability to this defense. Also this would give Jaylon Smith more time to help recover from his injuries. Hitchens deserved a long-term contract but the writers feel that his manger will demand too much. Wilber is just a special teamer and we can draft another later rounds.

WOW! You said many of the things I posted in my mock draft.

Revamp the O lIne, I had every intention of moving Collins back to G and drafting an O linemen (McGlinchy) and signing a top tier FA for the O lIne.

Trade Beasley, to NE, I whole heartily believe they will part with a 3rd or 4th-at the least to acquire a WR with his skill set. They picked up Amandola and Bennett, 2 guys we had and could do NOTHING with, and here they are making big plays in championship games and SBs.

I also agree with moving Dez inside. He is a big, strong WR, he is NOT being utilized best to fit his skill set.

In short, the strength of this team is its Oline and running game. We have THEE best back in the league but without a crushing O line, its like having having a Ferrari with no motor. Looks good, feels good, goes no where.

We HAVE to be able to impose our will offensively on teams and come away with TD's. This will help Dak immensely AND keep our defense fresh and off the filed.

Speaking of which, we need a better pass rush. I believe the moves we made in the secondary last year will begin to pay dividends this year.   Pair that with a rotation of pass rushing D linemen and our defense will FINALLY have teeth!

Archived