Alvin Kamara vs Leonard Fournette

tyler735

Alvin Kamara vs Leonard Fournette   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better player?

• Alvin Kamara
    • Leonard Fournette

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Kamara, right now. Fournette definitely has the talent to close the gap, but Kamara is just the better all around player right now.,. Though neither is the best rookie RB ;)

And no Rookie runningback is as good as SaQuon.

Kamara all week long and twice on Sunday.

Fournette is a talented runner and he showed he can catch the ball.  I like him.  But, his ankle will shorten his career and I'll take the guy who is slippery, who doesn't take big hits for the most part and is an all around scary weapon.  I see Kamara lasting multiple years longer in the NFL than Fournette.

I’m a Jags and Saints fan...I wouldn’t trade one for the other for either team. But if I’m a neutral team...no question..Alvin Kamara. Kamara can beat you in so many different ways and is great at everything. He’s a special runner who can run inside and out...and is a special receiver. In space...he’s lethal. Fournette will try to truck you but Kamara will slip your tackle without trying and pick up another 10 yards. 

Kamara really impressed me this year with the ball in his hands. I figured he’d be a good receiving back right away, but his ability to absorb contact was a surprise. He had a better rookie season than Fournette, for sure. 

Fournette in a much worse situation, still showed a ton of what he showed at LSU. Incredible physicality and long speed that makes him dangerous with a head of steam ala Adrian Peterson. Big knock on him was his agility, which I believe he’s shown a fair amount of, and receiving ability. He and Kamara are about as opposite as you can get in terms of play style for running backs. 

I think looking at their one season resumes, you have to give it to Kamara, what he did in 2017 was incredibly impressive. 

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Kamara really impressed me this year with the ball in his hands. I figured he’d be a good receiving back right away, but his ability to absorb contact was a surprise. He had a better rookie season than Fournette, for sure. 

Fournette in a much worse situation, still showed a ton of what he showed at LSU. Incredible physicality and long speed that makes him dangerous with a head of steam ala Adrian Peterson. Big knock on him was his agility, which I believe he’s shown a fair amount of, and receiving ability. He and Kamara are about as opposite as you can get in terms of play style for running backs. 

I think looking at their one season resumes, you have to give it to Kamara, what he did in 2017 was incredibly impressive. 

The thing with Leonard.. Is he much better than Derrick Henry? Same style of backs. Whose just as big and freakish.

Archived