Alvin Kamara vs Leonard Fournette

tyler735

Alvin Kamara vs Leonard Fournette   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better player?

• Alvin Kamara
    • Leonard Fournette

Kamara.  Easily.

I don't even consider Fournette to be a good RB.  3.9 YPC does not impress me at all.  I think people are just infatuated with the hype he had coming out of college and the fact he played well in the playoffs when most people are watching.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:37 AM, El ramster said:

The thing with Leonard.. Is he much better than Derrick Henry? Same style of backs. Whose just as big and freakish.

Hard to say since he's such a focal point of offense/defense, and I'm not sure Fournette was completely healthy last season, but I think Henry might be slightly better in space while Fournette takes less negative plays (sometimes to a fault) 

4 hours ago, showtime said:

I think Fournette was injured because he definitely did not have the explosion or quickness that I saw from him at LSU. 

Or maybe the NFL has more fast guys which made him slower?

I saw the same player I saw at LSU.

On 1/26/2018 at 5:39 AM, VanS said:

Kamara.  Easily.

I don't even consider Fournette to be a good RB.  3.9 YPC does not impress me at all.  I think people are just infatuated with the hype he had coming out of college and the fact he played well in the playoffs when most people are watching.

i remember when people said gurley sucked and everyone overreacted to a few good games his rookie year. Good memories...

14 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so youre saying the sec lack fast players? solid argument.

No, he's saying NFL players are faster... tough to glean from his post but here it is again:

15 hours ago, VanS said:

Or maybe the NFL has more fast guys which made him slower?

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

No, he's saying NFL players are faster... tough to glean from his post but here it is again:

no, i understood. however, if we're talking about the nfl/sec specifically (which we are) then he is saying the sec is lacking fast players as opposed to the NFL. We on the same page now? and do you have any relevant thoughts to add?

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no, i understood. however, if we're talking about the nfl/sec specifically (which we are) then he is saying the sec is lacking fast players as opposed to the NFL. We on the same page now? and do you have any relevant thoughts to add?

"NFL has more fast players"

"The SEC lacks fast players"

^^These are non-equivalent statements. He said the first statement, you re-packaged it with the second.

The NFL absolutely has faster players than even the most stacked SEC team.

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

"NFL has more fast players"

"The SEC lacks fast players"

^^These are non-equivalent statements. He said the first statement, you re-packaged it with the second.

The NFL absolutely has faster players than even the most stacked SEC team.

we're getting way off, however i already laid this out, if we're specially talking about the nfl vs the sec, and youre saying the nfl is faster. Then yes, youre saying the sec is lacking in fast players opposed to the nfl. And is there proof that nfl defenses are faster than the sec's? obviously theyre much better but faster alone does not mean better.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:37 AM, El ramster said:

The thing with Leonard.. Is he much better than Derrick Henry? Same style of backs. Whose just as big and freakish.

I was under the impression that Fournette was much more quick all around than Henry.

On 1/26/2018 at 2:39 AM, VanS said:

Kamara.  Easily.

You mean all the loaded boxes he faced with Bortles at qb?

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You mean all the loaded boxes he faced with Bortles at qb?

And here come the excuses. 

Lotta great RBs have played with lousy QBs and o-lines and done better than 3.9 YPC.

On 1/28/2018 at 4:23 PM, showtime said:

I think Fournette was injured because he definitely did not have the explosion or quickness that I saw from him at LSU. 

Fournette was battling an ankle and a quad issue for a lot of the year, potentially among other things.  He had games where he looked "fresh" and "healthy" and was an absolute monster...and other games where he looked worn out and completely lacking explosion and power, along with some games where he lost that freshness as the game wore on.  He wasn't nearly as healthy as you'd want him to be this year.  Which sucked.

But...i wouldn't trade him for Kamara.  Not a chance.

There's something special about Fournette's combination of raw physicality and power, with that homerun speed.  And his attitude as a runner.  It's a total focal point of an offense and sets a tone that this Jaguars team relishes in and really needs.  And missed badly when he wasn't available of fully healthy.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Fournette was battling an ankle and a quad issue for a lot of the year, potentially among other things.  He had games where he looked "fresh" and "healthy" and was an absolute monster...and other games where he looked worn out and completely lacking explosion and power, along with some games where he lost that freshness as the game wore on.  He wasn't nearly as healthy as you'd want him to be this year.  Which sucked.

But...i wouldn't trade him for Kamara.  Not a chance.

There's something special about Fournette's combination of raw physicality and power, with that homerun speed.  And his attitude as a runner.  It's a total focal point of an offense and sets a tone that this Jaguars team relishes in and really needs.  And missed badly when he wasn't available of fully healthy.

That’s the thing about Fournette...it’s really difficult to evaluate him without considering the injuries. It seems like he always has an ankle injury.

Archived