Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

Dorsey said he always picks best player. Tony Pauline says if draft was today Barkley would go number 1. I'm also hearing Giants and Colts interested. Scouts are saying Saquan is a big game changer. Do Browns use pick 4 for a q.b.?  I think if Browns sign Cousins Barkley may be the pick.

1 hour ago, cattleman78 said:

Dorsey said he always picks best player. Tony Pauline says if draft was today Barkley would go number 1. I'm also hearing Giants and Colts interested. Scouts are saying Saquan is a big game changer. Do Browns use pick 4 for a q.b.?  I think if Browns sign Cousins Barkley may be the pick.

Even if we don't get Cousins, to me it makes sense to take Barkley at #1 if we really want him. We know Indy isn't going to take a QB, so if we went Barkley, and the Giants at #2 go say Rosen, Indy is gonna take Chubb, and at #4 we will have our pick of who we want right there. Dorsey stated he thinks there are multiple QB's as of now worthy of consideration. Personally I feel like he really likes Mayfield. 

6 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Even if we don't get Cousins, to me it makes sense to take Barkley at #1 if we really want him. We know Indy isn't going to take a QB, so if we went Barkley, and the Giants at #2 go say Rosen, Indy is gonna take Chubb, and at #4 we will have our pick of who we want right there. Dorsey stated he thinks there are multiple QB's as of now worthy of consideration. Personally I feel like he really likes Mayfield. 

Darnold is a baller, who has played less QB in high school and college combined  than baker M has played in college. 

He is also two years younger. 

If we get Alex Smith and Baker, he likely doesn't play a meaningful snap until he is 24 years old.

there is no way that NYG don't take a QB IMO, this could be there one shot to replace Eli Manning with a good player. Rosen or Baker ill work in NY. 

Also, of course everyone likes Barkley, everyone like Barkley. It is like saying do you want Myles Garrett to be your DE. 

I think the Browns desperatly need a franchise changing RB given their complete inept ability to find a good QB---you better at least have a elite ground game (Jags)

In todays NFL with Gurley, Zeke, Hunt, Fournette, David Johnson and others doing what they are doing, I dont see why its unreasonable to take a RB #1. We have seen OTs and DEs go #1 overall and thats apparently perfectly fine for a offensive tackle who doest score points to go #1, but a franchise changing RB who can lead your entire offense and be the sole difference maker in winning/losing is somehow scoffed at with the #1 overall pick? Why?

If he is the best player in the draft who can be a immediate franchise changer at a big position of need, who cares, take him #1.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Darnold is a baller, who has played less QB in high school and college combined  than baker M has played in college. 

He is also two years younger. 

If we get Alex Smith and Baker, he likely doesn't play a meaningful snap until he is 24 years old.

there is no way that NYG don't take a QB IMO, this could be there one shot to replace Eli Manning with a good player. Rosen or Baker ill work in NY. 

Also, of course everyone likes Barkley, everyone like Barkley. It is like saying do you want Myles Garrett to be your DE. 

People need to understand that with Darnold there are some flaws that may or may not be able to be coached through. Trust me, he has more "wow" moments than anyone else. I have seen it too. He also has a super awkward throwing motion that causes some accuracy problems at times. Sure a QB coach can work to modify it, but who knows if that leads to success or not. He also makes Desean Kizer decisions at times. Can he develop a better grasp of reading defenses and learn when and when not to make the throw? 

I'm not going to complain if we draft him, or Rosen, or even any other QB for that matter. This isn't 2012 when I was ready to strangle Holmgren for taking Weeden. I legit think most of the top prospects at the position have a chance to be good. I'm also 100% down with paying Cousins big money. I want to do whatever we can to be competitive asap. 

Just now, bruceb said:

No, we don't.

Do you have information that says Luck is good to go for now and the longer term?

Yeah Luck could b don. 

they reckon if he has gone to Europe he could be getting stem cell treatments. 

Which means his shoulder could be tim couch bad. 

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

People need to understand that with Darnold there are some flaws that may or may not be able to be coached through. Trust me, he has more "wow" moments than anyone else. I have seen it too. He also has a super awkward throwing motion that causes some accuracy problems at times. Sure a QB coach can work to modify it, but who knows if that leads to success or not. He also makes Desean Kizer decisions at times. Can he develop a better grasp of reading defenses and learn when and when not to make the throw? 

I'm not going to complain if we draft him, or Rosen, or even any other QB for that matter. This isn't 2012 when I was ready to strangle Holmgren for taking Weeden. I legit think most of the top prospects at the position have a chance to be good. I'm also 100% down with paying Cousins big money. I want to do whatever we can to be competitive asap. 

there is also risk with both Baker and Barkley and rosen. Rosen has had shoulder injuries he could be another Bradford or worse. baker is a midget, and an old midget at that. Generally I wouldn't take a 23 year old in the 1st round. He is playing agains peiopl in their 1st and 2nd years out of high school, of course he is going to do well against them .

Barkley is a running back and the ability to influence a game with a runningback is minimal compared to a QB. Never take a RB at 1 hen you need a QB. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

there is also risk with both Baker and Barkley and rosen. Rosen has had shoulder injuries he could be another Bradford or worse. baker is a midget, and an old midget at that. Generally I wouldn't take a 23 year old in the 1st round. He is playing agains peiopl in their 1st and 2nd years out of high school, of course he is going to do well against them .

Barkley is a running back and the ability to influence a game with a runningback is minimal compared to a QB. Never take a RB at 1 hen you need a QB. 

What do you have against old midgets?

Darnold, without question.

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Tell that to Fournette who led the Jags to the AFC championship game with a horrible QB or how awful the Cowboys and Dak Prescott looked this year without Zeke or how good the Rams offense was when Gurley was the best RB in the NFL this year.

Fact is RBs in todays football are extremely important. They play, the offense gameplans against them and they score points just like a QB does. While I think obviously a QB is a bigger need and more important--in this particular class of 5 QBs that are all about even with their strengths/flaws. I wouldnt mind taking a guaranteed Gurley/Zeke/Fournette while also picking from the highest rated QB on your board at #4.

If the Giants love Rosen like mocks have said, you could still be picking from Mayfield/Darnold/Allen at #4.

Just now, bruceb said:

What do you have against old midgets?

Darnold, without question.

it is a risk taking an under sized QB. there is a short list of great QB's around 6ft tall. 

Mavericks picked a centro in the NBA draft that had an impressive college career on paper. he was 23-24 years old, he is playing in turkey. 

a few spots latter a guy who played 1 year of college at center was drafted and latter signed a 90 million dollar contract. 

the guy with less experience had better physical tools and hadn't maxed out. 

Baker has twice as many playing years as Darnold, Darnold never had a year as Baker in year 1. Darnold 1st year looks like Bakers 2nd year. 

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Tell that to Fournette who led the Jags to the AFC championship game with a horrible QB or how awful the Cowboys and Dak Prescott looked this year without Zeke or how good the Rams offense was when Gurley was the best RB in the NFL this year.

Fact is RBs in todays football are extremely important. They play, the offense gameplans against them and they score points just like a QB does. While I think obviously a QB is a bigger need and more important--in this particular class of 5 QBs that are all about even with their strengths/flaws. I wouldnt mind taking a guaranteed Gurley/Zeke/Fournette while also picking from the highest rated QB on your board at #4.

If the Giants love Rosen like mocks have said, you could still be picking from Mayfield/Darnold/Allen at #4.

Bold It was the Jags all world Defense that got them that far. they had a superbowl winning defense. 

I am a fan of Fournette, he is a great player, id take him top 10 in the draft. I would take Barkley top 5.  

I want an all world runningback like Gurley or elliot. jffj

I see the logic I just don't agree with it. 

I would rather Aaron Rodgers and whoever at R than Matt Ryan and Barkley, if you think one QB is the best, you take him and move on. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. You point out age being an issue, however historically the success rate of a QB who spend 4 years in college vs guys that leave early is much greater. Franchise QB's these days play 10+ years. Taking a 23 year old vs a 21 year old is a moot point. Wentz was 23 when drafted, so would you have passed on him for Darnold just because he was older?

2. How is the ability to influence a game with a running back minimal? Jacksonville was able to win many many games because of the impact of their running back. They beat us because they were relentless in giving Fournette the ball, even if he wasn't getting crazy YPC vs. us. They rode him til the AFC championship game. How much better did Zeke being in the backfield make Dak look? How did the impact of Kamara paired with Ingram help Drew Brees get back to winning and another playoff run? 

3. I agree we need a QB. I'm just not like everyone else in the mindset that I hope we sign veteran Kirk Cousins who still has at least 5+ years left of exceptional play, who hasn't been surrounded with a defense that plays well, or a reliable running game, or line, and has shown he can score points even lacking weapons. If we don't get him, I want to go early in the draft. But again, unlike most, I'm not making a big deal to who needs to be taken vs who. I like Sam. I like Josh. I like Baker. I like the top 5-6 prospects. If we covet a QB and the RB, I know there will be one of the top QB's there at 4. I don't see Barkley being there. 

Archived