Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

1. You could be right, id rather go with the young guy who could ot grow Baker. 

2. minimal compared to a QB, if you see a thread in the Gen forum I rate RB as the 3rd most influential position in the NFL.  

3. Sure, I don't think it will happen. If it foes i will reevaluate 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Tell that to Fournette who led the Jags to the AFC championship game with a horrible QB or how awful the Cowboys and Dak Prescott looked this year without Zeke or how good the Rams offense was when Gurley was the best RB in the NFL this year.

Fournette didn't really lead them there. He looks pretty good even though he often is less effective after halftime but 2.7 yards per carry didn't get the Jags their win against the Bills, Bortles had a much better running game. Everyone went crazy against the Steelers but Fournette didn't do much in the 2nd half. Fournette had a couple nice spin moves to pick up yards against the Pats but still just averaged 3.2 in that game while Bortles averaged over 8 per pass and was their only hope in the 2nd half as Fournette did nothing but get a yard at a time. Bortles wasn't good enough at the end and they lost but it was on his shoulders because Fournette couldn't get anything going. He didn't even average 4 ypc in the regular season. He is alright but not a game changer.

We would have been more likely to win a game with Bortles than Fournette starting for us not so much that Bortles was very good just that he turned it over 20 less times than our quarterbacks.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we take a RB at one with our need at QB with this selection of QB’s to choose from I’m done with the Browns.

I’ll get my Seahawks jersey and pop in every once in a while to say hi.

But seriously, take the damned QB of your choice and move on.  This isn’t hard.

Every other franchise in the history of man takes a QB at #1 to rebuild a franchise. Leave it to the Browns to not figure that out. It's ridiculous.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Every other franchise in the history of man takes a QB at #1 to rebuild a franchise. Leave it to the Browns to not figure that out. It's ridiculous.

I can’t see Dorsey passing up that opportunity.

Not with all the other picks to get a running back, especially with this running back class.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t see Dorsey passing up that opportunity.

I can't either, but there's also that Browns fan in me that's seen this movie before.

*No real chain of command between the FO, Owner, and Coaching Staff

*New GM with an enormous chip on his shoulder with a cache of draft ammunition just itching to be the smartest guy in the room and the NFL for that matter

*At least 1 Franchise QB staring you in the face with the #1 pick, but boy aren't there some other intriguing prospects at that position that we'd like as well? 

*Should I play it "safe" and go with the obvious QB, or should I get greedy, go for broke, and hit multiple HOMRUNS in the same draft when a Homerun and a Double will do just fine 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not with all the other picks to get a running back, especially with this running back class.

It's honestly hilarious how many GREAT RB's are in this class. Would I complain if we somehow got Darnold AND Barkley in this draft? No way. Barkley may be the consensus best player in the draft. Would I rather get Darnold, trade #4 for another cache, still get the #1 CB/WR/FS/DE in the draft? Absolutely.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Should I play it "safe" and go with the obvious QB, or should I get greedy, go for broke, and hit multiple HOMRUNS in the same draft when a Homerun and a Double will do just fine 

As a baseball man, you know what happens when you start swinging for the fences.... 

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's honestly hilarious how many GREAT RB's are in this class. Would I complain if we somehow got Darnold AND Barkley in this draft? No way. Barkley may be the consensus best player in the draft. Would I rather get Darnold, trade #4 for another cache, still get the #1 CB/WR/FS/DE in the draft? Absolutely.

Agreed.

*IF* we actually stop sucking, in a year or two these trade down opportunities, the kind that can add multiple premium picks over 2-3 draft classes won’t be there. I’d love to have some extra draft capital in the next couple drafts to continue to build the roster and also give us another “lottery ticket” for a top pick in 2019.

I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting a player at 4 if there was a great prospect at a position of need, say an A.J. Green type WR or Patrick Peterson CB or Earl Thomas level FS, but I’m just not seeing that prospect right now.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we take a RB at one with our need at QB with this selection of QB’s to choose from I’m done with the Browns.

I’ll get my Seahawks jersey and pop in every once in a while to say hi.

But seriously, take the damned QB of your choice and move on.  This isn’t hard.

Samesies. Except Green Bay for me. 

9 hours ago, cattleman78 said:

Dorsey said he always picks best player. Tony Pauline says if draft was today Barkley would go number 1. I'm also hearing Giants and Colts interested. Scouts are saying Saquan is a big game changer. Do Browns use pick 4 for a q.b.?  I think if Browns sign Cousins Barkley may be the pick.

Why??? We just don't get it, we will never be in serious contention until we get our franchise QB. Why get cute? the opportunity to take a franchise guy is right there, take him and have your franchise guy for the next 8 - 10 years. We are supposed to be moving to more of a zone running scheme as opposed to a power scheme, we could be just as good at running back with Ronald Jones II, he can be just as much of a playmaker and he would fit our scheme. I realize that Barkley is good but not to the point where im going to paralyze my rational thinking about whats best for my team.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even without Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith?

Yes. I’ve had a soft spot for them when the Browns were gonzo. I actually think they got a good GM in Gutekunst. 

But lets be real I more than likely am a Browns fan for life ?

20 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why??? We just don't get it, we will never be in serious contention until we get our franchise QB. Why get cute? the opportunity to take a franchise guy is right there, take him and have your franchise guy for the next 8 - 10 years. We are supposed to be moving to more of a zone running scheme as opposed to a power scheme, we could be just as good at running back with Ronald Jones II, he can be just as much of a playmaker and he would fit our scheme. I realize that Barkley is good but not to the point where im going to paralyze my rational thinking about whats best for my team.

I’m starting to really like Sony Michel too. 

Archived