Barry Church says Jaguars "have a lot more talent" than the Cowboys

pwny

“The culture is pretty much the same,” Church said. “We have a real close group like we did in Dallas. We have a real close group here. We had a real close group, but I was just a little bit younger when I was in Dallas. I feel like we have a lot more talent than we did over there.We just have to keep plugging away and get ready for Week 1.”

And what about the difference in training camps? How does it compare to the Cowboys?

“It is a lot more demanding. A lot more periods. I think we had about 18 today. Back on my old team we probably had about 12 or something like that. Like [Coach Doug Marrone] said, there are a lot of new players in here, the coaching staff is trying to figure out who fits where. We need a lot of periods and we need all that to get the chemistry down. We are just working on that and getting ready.”

Would be great to see if the team can actually show all the promise some of these players think we have.

Is the talent just hidden in spots that don't matter or what?  Immature talent that doesn't know how to win?

I personally, think Barry Church is lying because the Jaguars paid him millions of dollars to play football for their team, and it would look somewhat bad if he said, "hey sup i don't care about this team i'm all bout that cash money".

But you can call me crazy if you want.

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Is the talent just hidden in spots that don't matter or what?  Immature talent that doesn't know how to win?

I personally, think Barry Church is lying because the Jaguars paid him millions of dollars to play football for their team, and it would look somewhat bad if he said, "hey sup i don't care about this team i'm all bout that cash money".

But you can call me crazy if you want.

Idk, based purely off talent I could see why hed say that. I mean, if you look at the players we line up on defense with Fournette, Arob, Hurns, Lee, Linder, etc. its a high upside team. Problem is its incredibly young, was poorly coached past few yrs, and the most important position is QB and ours is and has been dog**** until he proves he isnt.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Idk, based purely off talent I could see why hed say that. I mean, if you look at the players we line up on defense with Fournette, Arob, Hurns, Lee, Linder, etc. its a high upside team. Problem is its incredibly young, was poorly coached past few yrs, and the most important position is QB and ours is and has been dog**** until he proves he isnt.

I guess that's kinda the thing tho...Who cares how much "talent" a team has if the the QB is a reckless incompetent gunslinger and the O-Line is trash?  If you can't score points reliably, at the important moments in games...you're toast in this league.  Talent is kinda secondary to...actually having a good team i guess.  The Patriots prove that often enough it seems.

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I guess that's kinda the thing tho...Who cares how much "talent" a team has if the the QB is a reckless incompetent gunslinger and the O-Line is trash?  If you can't score points reliably, at the important moments in games...you're toast in this league.  Talent is kinda secondary to...actually having a good team i guess.  The Patriots prove that often enough it seems.

Absolutely agree, but he isnt talking about winning football games. Hes just talkimg about upside/talent. I dont disagree with him. Have to translate it though. 

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Absolutely agree, but he isnt talking about winning football games. Hes just talkimg about upside/talent. I dont disagree with him. Have to translate it though. 

I guess it's just hard to describe what exactly "talent" is.  If it's some abstract concept of individual skill that results in **** all...or if it's the ability of a team to play together and win football games.  This team has been badly lacking "talent" in the latter for a long time now.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I guess it's just hard to describe what exactly "talent" is.  If it's some abstract concept of individual skill that results in **** all...or if it's the ability of a team to play together and win football games.  This team has been badly lacking "talent" in the latter for a long time now.

Considering how we picked top 5 this past draft you have to imagine hes not talking about talent as far as winning games with where Dallas finished. Lol

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don’t disagree. But it’s also nice to see some players having a vocal swagger about them. Malik saying we can win a Super Bowl this season, Church with these statements, Lewis saying this is the best team he’s been a part of. None of these mean anything towards what the team actually can do (a Lions QB said they were making the Super Bowl before they went 0-16). But it’s nice to see the confidence there rather than just “we’ve gotta keep getting better.”

Archived