Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Take this with a grain of salt for now, but if he really did accidentally take a phone charger, it's not as bad as it first sounded to me.

Depends. Hopefully this situation is cleared up, and he's able to feed his family on the wages of his job alone.

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Take this with a grain of salt for now, but if he really did accidentally take a phone charger, it's not as bad as it first sounded to me.

Eh, kind of a duche move by the uber driver. I totally changed my tune, unless there is visual evidence, this should be thrown out or just have Humphrey pay $20 and keep it moving

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I don't know about Alabama's terminology but I would suspect stealing a phone charger to be theft. Robbery is usually taking something with force or by threat of force so it certainly wouldn't fall under accidentally taking something.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Eh, kind of a duche move by the uber driver. I totally changed my tune, unless there is visual evidence, this should be thrown out or just have Humphrey pay $20 and keep it moving

Let me preface this by saying IF this story is true, it sounds like a situation where the driver knows who Humphrey is, and figured he could get some good money by filing charges against Humphrey for robbery instead of just asking for his charger back. But, this is all speculation. I don't know how you get charged with 3rd degree robbery for "accidentally taking a charger" out of an uber.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

I don't know about Alabama's terminology but I would suspect stealing a phone charger to be theft. Robbery is usually taking something with force or by threat of force so it certainly wouldn't fall under accidentally taking something.

You are correct. Third degree robbery involves taking something by force or threatening the use of force. That is entirely different from what the tweet I quoted has suggested.

People get placed in a cage for taking a charger?

I have a hard time believe anybody could be quite so dumb as to threaten someone with force over a charger.. perhaps he was drunk. Perhaps the uber driver was salty and saw an opportunity to turn a mistake by Humphrey into a cash grab.

Archived