TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

52 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I had a bid in for him, but was going to wait until next round to drop that APY a little more.

Also, the backup QB market dried up fast. Something else I was going to try and pick up next round.

I liked him during his time in Minnesota. He's a dog. Solid against both the pass and the run.

Some teams are dangerously close to not being able to sign draft picks. If the Browns #yolo'd and traded #1 for #19 straight up, I'm not sure Dallas could pay the #1 pick. NYG is cutting it close too, but I think can pay them all because of the trade down from #2 to #6 (~$700,000 difference). Jaguars, Patriots, Packers, Panthers, Cardinals and Falcons are all getting tight as well -- especially if they sign non-minimum FAs.

Someone like NYJ, CLE or IND might get some insane trade deals eating cap for some teams. That or score random cuts in FA deals in the later rounds of FA.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This still on the docket to happen tomorrow?

Sign last year’s practice squad players that were not available in your roster at the start of the mock draft.

• Opens - Mon, Feb 26th @  12am

• Closes - Tues, Feb 27th @ 11pm

Probably not.  When I pulled the rosters prior to the mock it looks like they were included at least for the most part.  OTC isn't listing out PS players like they did in the past and truthfully I don't have the energy to go looking for each one individually.

11 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

You always do this.

My only FA losses so far: Getting outbid by Oakland on the RFA deal for Dion Jordan, Denico Autry by a few thousand dollars, Aaron Colvin by a solid margin...and that's really it. Hindsight I would've swapped the bid for Autry with my original bid for Malcolm Butler. Also sucks that Ngata signed elsewhere, but IRL he'll sign with the Lions if they want him back (and they should).

Free agency has been pretty good for me, got a ton of guys at solid prices when everyone else was seemingly going for other players. Filled a ton of spots with good depth, didn't blow all of my cap space, didn't have to do much cap maneuvering, and I can go into the draft with a pretty clear plan.

JbTdlZr.gif

10 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Probably not.  When I pulled the rosters prior to the mock it looks like they were included at least for the most part.  OTC isn't listing out PS players like they did in the past and truthfully I don't have the energy to go looking for each one individually.

None of the Eagles practice squad is included probably because they were in the Super Bowl. If i get you names etc, can they be added? Some have a real shot to make the roster.

6 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Some teams are dangerously close to not being able to sign draft picks. If the Browns #yolo'd and traded #1 for #19 straight up, I'm not sure Dallas could pay the #1 pick. NYG is cutting it close too, but I think can pay them all because of the trade down from #2 to #6 (~$700,000 difference). Jaguars, Patriots, Packers, Panthers, Cardinals and Falcons are all getting tight as well -- especially if they sign non-minimum FAs.

Someone like NYJ, CLE or IND might get some insane trade deals eating cap for some teams. That or score random cuts in FA deals in the later rounds of FA.

You need to factor in the difference in the top 51.   Those draft picks will kick a lower priced player off the top 51, so the rookie pool is actually less than the full cost of the draft pick slot.  

16 minutes ago, Trojan said:

This is especially interesting conversation if we explain longer term. Like Panthers are close (still have room, but not much), but have things like a restructured Cam Newton 15mil more next year and Luke Kuechley who makes 10mil more the season after this year passes. What is the plan to hold the constructed team together?

It's not just the Panther either, JAX restructured Malik Jackson who makes 13 mil more next year and has ~7mil in cap currently.  Same with Dallas with Travis Frederick ballooning 5mil more next season with like 6mil in cap currently. Same with the Pats and Tom Brady who needs 13 more next year due to restructure. ATL with Sanu getting 6mil more from restructure.

Is the plan to abandon guys next year or something?

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

fyi,

In your non official team rosters it list out the estimated rookie pool amount needed to sign your draft picks.  I can also adjust the official rosters to calculate this into the cap, you think I should do that now?

I know my cap gets dropped down about 4 million.

with the X

Salary Cap information   Roster Count
Base Salary $108,407,404   Active 73
Prorated Bonus $56,523,039   Released 6
Roster Bonus $6,600,000   June 1st 1
WO Bonus $1,525,000      
      Restructure Base Salary High
TOP 51 Cap Space $2,009,610   3 $8,766,667
Top 51 $161,520,443   Extension Cap Number High
Salary Cap $178,000,000   6 $6,398,333
Total Cap Hit $173,055,443      
Dead Money $8,906,056      
2017 Carryover -$1,513,891      
Estimated Rookie Pool $4,050,000 x "X" include amount

Without the x

TOP 51 Cap Space $6,059,610   3 $8,766,667
Dead Money $8,906,056      
Estimated Rookie Pool $4,050,000   "X" include amount

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

fyi,

In your non official team rosters it list out the estimated rookie pool amount needed to sign your draft picks.  I can also adjust the official rosters to calculate this into the cap, you think I should do that now?

I know my cap gets dropped down about 4 million.

with the X

Salary Cap information   Roster Count
Base Salary $108,407,404   Active 73
Prorated Bonus $56,523,039   Released 6
Roster Bonus $6,600,000   June 1st 1
WO Bonus $1,525,000      
TOP 51 Cap Space $2,009,610   3 $8,766,667
Dead Money $8,906,056      
Estimated Rookie Pool $4,050,000 x "X" include amount

Without the x

TOP 51 Cap Space $6,059,610   3 $8,766,667
Dead Money $8,906,056      
Estimated Rookie Pool $4,050,000   "X" include amount

I would, Mike. Some teams really are close

I think it might be useful with so many teams getting really close just 3 rounds of FA in. I know APYs drop, but someone might slip up and with most restructing and whatnot done already teams might be forced into awkward cuts.

Archived