TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

You can, but we don't include a coaching hire event with this mock draft.  Would like to read who you'd bring in as well as the other gm's looking to change their coaching staff.

Would be a pretty cool addition, not sure  it works with our system here. 

I miss being able to hire coordinators in Madden. 

10 minutes ago, Fragafootball said:

Would be a pretty cool addition, not sure  it works with our system here. 

I miss being able to hire coordinators in Madden. 

We've tried in the past and it just gets crazy as the majority of top college coaches pour into the nfl, which zaps the realism right out of it.  I'm open to discussing a solution for a coaching event next year, so if you've got ideas send them to me.

1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

We've tried in the past and it just gets crazy as the majority of top college coaches pour into the nfl, which zaps the realism right out of it.  I'm open to discussing a solution for a coaching event next year, so if you've got ideas send them to me.

Yeah sounds like something to consider for next year.

The best method for now is probably to simply announce your "hires" for whatever coaching position(s) you are attempting to fill. No pomp or frills. That way you get to have your pretend- coaching staff the way you like but it's more or less just for the sake of your own planning & the focus isn't shifted almost at all from the crux of the mock.

30 minutes ago, PurpleMugen said:

The best method for now is probably to simply announce your "hires" for whatever coaching position(s) you are attempting to fill. No pomp or frills. That way you get to have your pretend- coaching staff the way you like but it's more or less just for the sake of your own planning & the focus isn't shifted almost at all from the crux of the mock.

How do you reconcile the desire of multiple teams wanting to hire the same coach for a position?

Is it FCFS?  Is it best pitch?  Is it based on waiver claim priority?   Does signing a new HC or OC/DC to a contract deduct the amount you have in salary cap for the rest of the MOCK?    I get that NFL coaches do not count against the salary cap, but there needs to be some mechanism in place to allow for a process to play out.

Alright guys,

I'm not calling this the official CBA just yet, but give it a read over and let me know if you have any questions or see any issues that need to be explained better.

Once I've got someone to look it over, I'll post it in the League Office thread, making it official.  I'm also going to write up a walkthrough if time permits, should really come in handy for the new guys.

CLICK HERE FOR THE UNOFFICIAL TCMD CBA

Archived