TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

11 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Was it you that said you'd be interested in helping me out with the workbooks this year, can't remember if you said time was an issue or not.

As much as I loved doing it previously, I'm not 100% sure I can dedicate as much time to the extra behind the scenes work as I had before and didn't want to volunteer myself and end up being a let down. If you have anything smaller in nature that needs tending too or any help with anything that needs to be done after the mock is over to continue it to grow, I'd definitely be willing to step in and help out as much as I can.

@BringinDaPain is informing me that a lot of teams have been signing players to future/reserve contracts since I pulled the roster information a few weeks ago.  Most of these names are practice squad guys but nonetheless after the superbowl I'll pull and sort the rosters one last time.  

Will make the official date to pull and lock the rosters on Feb 10th, which should give the last two teams a chance to sign players. 

24 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

@BringinDaPain is informing me that a lot of teams have been signing players to future/reserve contracts since I pulled the roster information a few weeks ago.  Most of these names are practice squad guys but nonetheless after the superbowl I'll pull and sort the rosters one last time.  

Will make the official date to pull and lock the rosters on Feb 10th, which should give the last two teams a chance to sign players. 

@ny92jefferis

Would it be easier for you to get a list and have the GM of each team decide if they want to sign these types of players to their roster.  Would be similar to the ERFA group....a futures contract group.  If it can in any way lessen the work you need to do I think that would be the best way to go.  

My guess is that most of them are league minimum type salaries and will likely not factor into the top 51 rule anyway.  

Just an idea to try and lessen the workload for you. 

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92jefferis

Would it be easier for you to get a list and have the GM of each team decide if they want to sign these types of players to their roster.  Would be similar to the ERFA group....a futures contract group.  If it can in any way lessen the work you need to do I think that would be the best way to go.  

My guess is that most of them are league minimum type salaries and will likely not factor into the top 51 rule anyway.  

Just an idea to try and lessen the workload for you. 

appreciate it but I think it would be easier to just update the rosters on the 10th.

I've got to start waiting longer before rolling out the sign up thread.  We've established this mock draft to the point we don't need to be concerned with needing to leave a thread up any longer than a week to get members signed up.  So now it's just quite for 3 weeks.

Next year, I'll get this figured out and will have more time to create other things now that the workbooks have been rebuilt I can reuse them.

fyi, I've started loading some of the public workbooks into the League Office thread as well as the official guidelines, feel free to check them out.  

Note, that the draft board is currently last years and will be updated closer to the start of the mock draft.

Also, remember not to post in that thread.  I'll also create us a Q&A thread just for questions you have about the workbooks or the guidelines.

@ny92jefferis  2018 TCMD guidelines looks good.  I read through it and looked for things that might be confusing.  Posted some comments on a few minor things.  Some you have already resolved, there may be a few more.  None are major, just trying to highlight some of the aspects on things.  Let me know if you need any other help on things.  

7 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Alright guys,

I'm not calling this the official CBA just yet, but give it a read over and let me know if you have any questions or see any issues that need to be explained better.

Once I've got someone to look it over, I'll post it in the League Office thread, making it official.  I'm also going to write up a walkthrough if time permits, should really come in handy for the new guys.

CLICK HERE FOR THE UNOFFICIAL TCMD CBA

Read. Like the changes this year. All of them.

Archived