TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Not a huge fan of their grading system but it's really the only source I have that doesn't cost me a ton of money.  It's also the only site that grades out offensive lineman.

No biggie...I was just curious. 

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

I look at the player grade as just a way of calculating their APY for the year, it doesn't really reflect their overall grade.  

Gotcha. I mean it was my own fault for not doing more research, and if this were a IRL scenario the team could always cut him without much of a cap hit...just sucks that his contract basically restricted some other moves I was hoping to make. Oh well. At least I was able to land Logan.

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

Gotcha. I mean it was my own fault for not doing more research, and if this were a IRL scenario the team could always cut him without much of a cap hit...just sucks that his contract basically restricted some other moves I was hoping to make. Oh well. At least I was able to land Logan.

I hear ya.

I wouldn't mind allowing teams to cut players after signing them but it would just create way more work on my end and then if other teams had bid on him as well they'd feel shafted.

Bears Statement on moving back so far ahead of the draft:

We know that not everyone will agree with moving so far back in the first round of the draft.  There is a lot that can happen between now and the start however we felt it important to gain more resources for the future.  Gaining an extra 2nd this year along with a 2019 1st will go a long ways towards putting a competent team around our QBOTF in Mitch Trubisky.  The acquisition of more high value assets coupled with our lower grades then most on many players projected to go in the 5-15 range made it so that we were comfortable with the risk associated with this move.

Just now, PurpleMugen said:

I kind of like it, it sets up for some intrigue going into the draft instead of just during it.

Hopefully it'll make it go faster because teams to trade up likely know who they want.

But I think it is risky, because who knows who might be there at 6 or 7 or 8 and the draft moves along. Like the Jets trading to 2 isn't much of a risk but some of the other ones are kind of risky.

We'll see if it pays off though

The Top 10 right now

1 Cleveland Browns
2 New York Jets via New York Giants
3 Indianapolis Colts
4 Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans, 2017 draft, #12, used on DeShaun Watson)
5 Oakland Raiders via Denver Broncos
6 New York Giants via New York Jets
7 Miami Dolphins via Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 Pittsburgh Steelers from Chicago Bears
9 Denver Broncos via Oakland Raiders
10 San Francisco 49ers

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The Top 10 right now

1 Cleveland Browns
2 New York Jets via New York Giants
3 Indianapolis Colts
4 Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans, 2017 draft, #12, used on DeShaun Watson)
5 Oakland Raiders via Denver Broncos
6 New York Giants via New York Jets
7 Miami Dolphins via Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 Pittsburgh Steelers from Chicago Bears
9 Denver Broncos via Oakland Raiders
10 San Francisco 49ers

Everyone in the back 6 has traded their pick except me....

200_d.gif

Archived