TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, PurpleMugen said:

In honor of the upcoming Oscars, my Best Picture of the season (though I suspect it will not win it despite being worthy):

DimpledEuphoricHyracotherium-max-1mb.gif

Is that Get Out?

That was a great movie.

Just saw 3 Billboards... last night which had some awesome acting performances 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

A couple days ago there was a link to a spreadsheet with all the signings through round 4 of free agency. Which thread and page was it in? 

Can find that and other in the league office first 3 post.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Is that Get Out?

That was a great movie.

Just saw 3 Billboards... last night which had some awesome acting performances 

Yes, it's from Get Out.

I saw 3 Billboards... a while back, too, it does have some standout performances, from McDormand & Rockwell, especially. I've seen 5 of the 9 Best Picture nominees so far, Get Out is my top pick, followed closely by Dunkirk. There's a little bit of a dropoff after those two.

Yes, it's from Get Out.

I saw 3 Billboards... a while back, too, it does have some standout performances, from McDormand & Rockwell, especially. I've seen 5 of the 9 Best Picture nominees so far, Get Out is my top pick, followed closely by Dunkirk. There's a little bit of a dropoff after those two.

Parts of 3 Billboards.... i loved, other times it got really odd. Overall good movie. I have more than a little bit of a man crush on Sam Rockwell.

I have 2 little kids so movies are few and far between. I did get to see that and Get Out this year

31 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Parts of 3 Billboards.... i loved, other times it got really odd. Overall good movie. I have more than a little bit of a man crush on Sam Rockwell.

I have 2 little kids so movies are few and far between. I did get to see that and Get Out this year

I'm similarly up-and-down on it. I felt it tells a tale worth telling but not always in an appropriately sensitive way. A big complaint people have lodged against it is that it doesn't accurately represent Middle America and chooses to make the characters too farcical; I'm not from that area but it sounds like a valid bone to pick. Rockwell is a worthy choice for a man crush. He's one of the most reliable understated actors in the industry.

If you get a chance, do watch Dunkirk. It's an example of terrific methodical filmmaking.

57 minutes ago, PurpleMugen said:

I'm similarly up-and-down on it. I felt it tells a tale worth telling but not always in an appropriately sensitive way. A big complaint people have lodged against it is that it doesn't accurately represent Middle America and chooses to make the characters too farcical; I'm not from that area but it sounds like a valid bone to pick. Rockwell is a worthy choice for a man crush. He's one of the most reliable understated actors in the industry.

If you get a chance, do watch Dunkirk. It's an example of terrific methodical filmmaking.

We're watching "Ladybird" right now (wife's choice) Not overly into it yet (hence why im on here....)

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We're watching "Ladybird" right now (wife's choice) Not overly into it yet (hence why im on here....)

I like it quite a bit but don't love it. That said, I consider Greta Gerwig (writer & director) very talented.

Tell the wife your friend from the interwebs says Dunkirk is lined up next ;)

I like it quite a bit but don't love it. That said, I consider Greta Gerwig (writer & director) very talented.

Tell the wife your friend from the interwebs says Dunkirk is lined up next ;)

Just finished Ladybird. Very meh on it. Maybe id like it more if i was moodier and younger

Archived