TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

Yes! So excited to get Patrick Robinson back. The guy played like one of the best slot CB's in the entire league last year.

Now I pretty much have my entire defense back from last year besides Curry and Beau Allen who were both rotational guys anyway.

Really interesting to see TB be the team that finally ponies up for Case Keenum. What does that say about how they feel about Jamies eatin those "w"'s?

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yes! So excited to get Patrick Robinson back. The guy played like one of the best slot CB's in the entire league last year.

Now I pretty much have my entire defense back from last year besides Curry and Beau Allen who were both rotational guys anyway.

Really interesting to see TB be the team that finally ponies up for Case Keenum. What does that say about how they feel about Jamies eatin those "w"'s?

Your rumors scared me off of Keenum on to Bradford... probably would have lost both... but maybe O.o

@ny92jefferis Was my offer close on Keenum? (I made the exact same offer between Bradford & Keenum. But I obviously switched to Bradford)

Well, I kind of wish people people would be a little bit more realistic when it comes to these mocks and actually take future risks into consideration instead of a one year mindset. Giving a backup QB $30mil just because you have the money is not only doesn’t make sense but is also highly unlikely. Damaging moral to your young franchise QB. It’s not only just that deal but also many others

2 minutes ago, davidderion said:

Well, I kind of wish people people would be a little bit more realistic when it comes to these mocks and actually take future risks into consideration instead of a one year mindset. Giving a backup QB $30mil just because you have the money is not only doesn’t make sense but is also highly unlikely. Damaging moral to your young franchise QB. It’s not only just that deal but also many others

Tampa signing Keenum makes little sense. Strikes me as "I have the money so why not" kind of signing. Why would Keenum want to sign up to be a definite backup QB?

2 minutes ago, davidderion said:

The Eagles just won the Super Bowl with a backup QB. The Bears will end up paying Mike Glennon like 18.5 million to be a backup for 1 year. Having a good backup is smart and isn't exactly unrealistic. 

Jameis is available for trade, but not cheap or free. He could miss time with his ride sharing harassment and he missed games to injury and didn't improve on turnovers. Keenum was a top 5 QB last year. It's round 6, if you wanted him you should have bid at some point. I offered what $10mil a year? If you viewed him as a starter, don't let him sign for elite backup money. Jameis hasn't earned a 125 mil deal or whatever he's up for in a year or two imo, so why not be safe and have a plan at the position?

I shopped Jameis earlier. I had a deal for Andrew Luck in place prior to round 1 results, but fell through. Shopped Jameis to Miami and Cleveland for players and picks (not #1 or #4), both rejected [Miami wanted Jameis + comp for Tannehill; where I wanted Tannehill + Pouncey + pick // Cleveland turned down an offer of Bitonio + Shelton for Jameis with no counter before I bid on Poe].

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

The Eagles just won the Super Bowl with a backup QB. The Bears will end up paying Mike Glennon like 18.5 million to be a backup for 1 year. Having a good backup is smart and isn't exactly unrealistic. 

1.) Foles was signed to be a backup and made like $1.5m last season

2.) Mike Glennon was signed on to be a potential starter for the Bears hence the bigger contract

Archived