TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

36 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd think in this situation in real life the Giants would and should take Barkley over Nelson.  He's more impactful.  It's like Adrian Peterson vs David DeCastro.

He's not Adrian Peterson though

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

Giants take Nelson over Barkley...

tenor.gif?itemid=5134531

I know he's supposed to be a sure fire thing and all but I just don't see the value.

I value the trenches.  Our offensive line last year made the entire team on both sides worse.

Nelson is the big ugly rock star.

I've also never valued running backs to go top 5.

Brandon Scheff was drafted 5th overall and imho Nelson is better than him.

I also think you could have the best running back in the league but if he's behind the worst offensive line in the league it isn't going to matter much.

Nelson to the Giants does two things, Gives Eli some breathing room and allows the running back talent that we've got to be better.  Win Win imo.

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I value the trenches.  Our offensive line last year made the entire team on both sides worse.

Nelson is the big ugly rock star.

I've also never valued running backs to go top 5.

I'm with you on the trenches, I also agree some what on rb's in the top 5.

I just think a top 3 pick should deliver some sort of impact (sacks or touchdowns or something.) 

Just now, DTMW78 said:

I just think a top 3 pick should deliver some sort of impact (sacks or touchdowns or something.) 

A great OL is the difference between having a high level offense or getting your QB sent to the hospital while having a revolving door at RB because you can't run the ball. The idea that an OL doesn't have impact is ridiculous.

Just now, DTMW78 said:

I'm with you on the trenches, I also agree some what on rb's in the top 5.

It is.....Eli isn't going to get sacked and our offense is going to get touchdowns.

Giants had a total of 12 rushing TD's over the past two seasons.  6 each season....The Giants known for running the ball down your throat back in the day when Brandon Jacobs was on the field.

Tired of seeing our backs getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage because the line can't get any type of push.

3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

A great OL is the difference between having a high level offense or getting your QB sent to the hospital while having a revolving door at RB because you can't run the ball. The idea that an OL doesn't have impact is ridiculous.

Not saying OL is not important.

Tackle in the top 5 is fine by me, guard not so much.

I wanna see my top 5 pick be a difference maker on the field.

Nelson is a solid pick no doubt, but given the choice I would have taken Barkley.

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

The entire front office and coaching staff were fired because they failed to address the offensive line.

I'm not getting fired...haha.

I think you are good.....how about the Steelers moving a bunch of picks to draft Baker "Cocky" Mayfield?

Just now, DTMW78 said:

I wanna see my top 5 pick be a difference maker on the field.

Quenton Nelson is a difference maker. Guards are as important as tackles and Quenton Nelson should be among the best in the NFL from day 1.

Archived