Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

15 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Also, this is gonna be our final GDT and it’s gonna be brutal waiting for next season knowing what we have now.  It’s gonna be an exciting decade of winning. I feel like we’re gonna dominate the division for a while.

Gonna be a fun decade playing then

Dallas seeming like fools gold, Dak crashing back to earth, the OL starting to crack, and the death of DeZ. Clocks ticking on Sean Lee to keep them afloat haha

Redskins looking like they’ll blow it up and part with Kirk. With that ownership/FO they’ll never be serious contenders. I think most Skins fans would agree.

Giants, finally cleaned house. But Shurmur hire seems like a doomed move. He’s such a mild mannered guy. He’s smart but I don’t know if they are going to follow him. Hopefully they keep neglecting important parts of the team like the oline in the new regime. Let’s hope they pick poorly when they get their new QB.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Honestly I think our offense will put up points. This game is gonna come down to how Jim Schwartz is able to put his players in position to succeed against Tom Brady. 
The Patriots really aren't as good as they've been. They've been losing in pretty much every game except the Titans game. We can't be the Jags or the Falcons and play conservative ball if we have a lead. Tom Brady is NEVER out of the game. We have to keep the petal to the metal until the final whistle. Get it done!

One thing we can say about Doug Pederson is that he doesn't play conservative - he plays to win. A prime example would be the last drive before halftime with ~.30 seconds left to play. 

2 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Our D line will feast on Brady but my only concern is NE's quick passing game. We struggled with that all season. 

Has the D Line feast when they should? I´m worried for the quick passing well as well as them running the no huddle all game negating our rotation and tiring our rush

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

Also, this is gonna be our final GDT and it’s gonna be brutal waiting for next season knowing what we have now.  It’s gonna be an exciting decade of winning. I feel like we’re gonna dominate the division for a while.

If we win in two weeks is going to be the best offseason for me, since I won´t be counting the days until it starts again and most of all I think I will be watching Eagles game a lot more relaxed now, since I´ve got what I wanted the most and always feared would never get to see.

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Has the D Line feast when they should? I´m worried for the quick passing well as well as them running the no huddle all game negating our rotation and tiring our rush

I've been anticipating that all year...teams however haven't been able to sustain it. The quick passing game is a page from the GMEN. Queens tried that, one adjustment I seen is a two high safety look allowing the CBs to drive on short routes with safety help over the top. 

Another adjustment Schwartz used is creating pressure early so we can get to those 3rd down passing situations. 

21 hours ago, BAConrad said:

So I have been thinking about all the Patriots SB wins and I found one big kind of common trend...

The opponent starts off great and goes up (ie Seattle, Atlanta) but by the 2nd half they are completely gassed and THEN that's when Brady makes his "epic comebacks". 

But that isn't going to happen this time. He's playing a defense that hasn't allowed a 2nd half touchdown in how long? All season IIRC?

He's facing a DL that leads the league in pressures AND has the most players with 20 or more pressures (7-Long,Cox,Jernigan,Graham,Barnett,Curry,Allen). All the while, Graham has the highest % of snap played at only 64%. That's ridiculous. Our DL is BETTER and deeper than the one that everyone praises for beating Brady twice. 

This time around, come the fourth quarter, Pat's won't have the luxury of playing a defense that is tired out of it's mind. 

So think about that boys. Something to give us even more excitement about this game.

I don't think it's a matter of teams gassing out. I think it's much more to do with the adjustments that Belichick and company make at half time.  

45 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

I don't think it's a matter of teams gassing out. I think it's much more to do with the adjustments that Belichick and company make at half time.  

Yeah BB wins with scheme while his entire roster is usually even or below the talent level of his opponent. Doug and Jim will be tested as playcallers. 

Archived