Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

Pete Carroll's mind: "It's 3rd and goal from inside the 3 yard line. I have two plays to score a TD to win the Super Bowl. I have the best short yard RB of the last decade. But wait a minute, I'm playing against Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and their past Super Bowl ringsThey are going to expect me to give it to Marshawn. I'm going to second guess what has worked for us all season and already won us a Super Bowl. Let's pass on this play."

Kyle Shannahan's mind: "Ok, we have the ball in field goal range. A field goal should lock this game up. Sure, they have been coming back but a field goal here gives us a massive cushion. I have two dynamic RBs in Freeman and Coleman. We can at least ensure that they get back to the line of scrimmage, eat time, and hang on to the ball. But wait a minute, I'm playing against Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and their past Super Bowl rings. They are going to expect me to run the clock down. I'm going to second guess all my instincts. Let's pass on all 3 downs." 

Doug Marrone's mind: "Ok, we are absolutely controlling this football game. Our defense is abusing the Patriots. Our offense has been rolling. We have the ball with more than a minute and we have timeouts. We can really extend this lead and play aggressive as we have been doing all half. But wait a minute, I'm playing against Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and their past Super Bowl rings. We have our lead against the Patriots. Let's play it safe."

9 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Brady and BB, I don't know how people in here aren't more nervous. 

Do you know what I honestly think it is. NOBODY, in here, out there, anywhere, expected us to be here this season. Especially after Foles went down, I don't think I was alone in writing the season off as a building block for the future (obvs I got over this within 10 mins and got on the Foles train). So I've sorta treated every game since then with a no fear element. Like, every week we're the underdog, and every week we're exceeding expectations. This is clearly how the team is feeling too. 

People wanna put us as the underdogs AGAIN!? Won't see me complaining. 

Jenkins has to be the main guy on Gronk for most of the game. In reality, it won't be Jenkins on Gronk all game but I'd imagine we'll see that matchup for the majority of the game.

They'll try to run some concepts to switch a LB onto Gronk or one of their RBs with some pick plays. Just have to communicate well and be ready for them.

Against the Vikings, our defense reminded me of those Jim Johnson defenses.

The bend but don't break defenses. Give up yards but don't give up the big play and keep everything in front of you. And rely on that pass rush to force the QB into pressure and hopefully make some mistakes. 

We shouldn't be in base defense this game. Preferably we won't be in base at all. We should be in Nickel all game because the last thing we want is Ellerbe switching onto Edelman, Gronk, Lewis, Burkhead, or White because they picked the other defender.

Archived