Duck's Mock Draft 5.0

Da_Ducktator

15 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Allen at 1 = F -- for the Browns

Understatement of the year.

I refuse to believe it, simply because I can't. The alternative if we do draft him is me being DONE with the NFL. I'm 100% serious.

3 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Like I said to somebody else, better start getting accustomed to the idea of Josh Allen being the QB in Cleveland.

I've literally heard the EXACT same thing from reputable "experts" in regards to Baker and Darnold.

Doubtful the 49ers would pick Minkah as a pure centerfielder - they are pretty much set there with Jaquiski Tartt, Jimmie Ward and Adrian Colbert at Safety and K'Waun Williams at Nickel and might bring back Eric Reid. But if he checks out on the outside then by all means...

18 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Like I said to somebody else, better start getting accustomed to the idea of Josh Allen being the QB in Cleveland.

While I think that's a very bad choice the idea of taking Josh Jackson at 4 is absolutely ridiculous. 

On 1/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

1. Cleveland Browns - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming

• The word is the Browns love Josh Allen and I am buying it for the time being. I would not be surprised if the Browns feel good about taking Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley at one and move down from four (say with the Jets) and take Allen there. For now though, I still believe Allen winds up with the Browns one way or another.

The Browns might like Josh Allen. There is a 0% chance we would take Chubb or Nelson at #1. Are you serious? We have two stud OG's on our team. We have 2 stud DE's on our team. We have no QB, the most important position in football. You would be the only person in the universe that wouldn't be shocked if we took Nelson or Chubb at #1. I don't like Allen as much as the other 3 QB's. Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen is my ranking.

4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston) - CB Josh Jackson, Iowa

• If they go more of need here than value, Jackson stands out as an option. Minkah Fitzpatrick would not really have a role in this defense as of now. The Browns, with all their offensive struggles, quietly were really bad at creating turnovers. Jackson has a great knack for that.

Josh Jackson is not even the best CB in the draft. We do need a corner, but not this badly. If you insist on giving us a corner, give us Denzel Ward. I like Josh Jackson a lot, but we have plenty of big corners that play the ball well in zone. We need someone that can play man and close distance quickly. We were much too slow at corner. Jackson is another slow corner. This pick sucks IMO. I don't even like Fitzpatrick that much, but give me Minkah over him. Give me Chubb or Davenport over him. Give me Calvin Ridley or Derwin James over him. Josh Jackson is not worth a top 5 pick.

This draft gave me diarrhea.

26. Atlanta Falcons - CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State

When you finally decide to put effort into the Falcons picks, I'll comment again. Quit trolling. It's absolutely pointless at this point. Falcons won't go CB in the first.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

We’ve also been rumored to be in love with Mike White. So your next mock you should probably have us taking him #1. You guys honestly need to stop listening so intently to the media. You’d think we would have learned our lesson by now. 

Terrible draft btw. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived