Team needs

pwny

I wanted to get a list together of what we need to address on the roster.

This list should be based on the assumption that every unsigned player does not sign. Consider them signing as addressing a need they fit in. The sole exception to this is RFA Corey Grant, as it would be silly to not extend him a tender.

With the above in mind, a refresher on our free agents:

WR Allen Robinson
CB Aaron Colvin
WR Marqise Lee
MLB Paul Posluszny
LG Patrick Omameh
RB Corey Grant (RFA)

QB - Starter and/or depth - Chad Henne is a Free Agent and Blake Bortles is the projected starter. Both should be looked at

RB - Depth - Leonard Fournette is entrenched as the starter, however the assumed cut of Chris Ivory would require the team address the depth as an issue

FB - Starter - Tommy Bahamas did okay in bringing back the Fullback to our offense. He doesn’t, however, have any + skills. The team should look to upgrade

WR - #1 WR and depth - Currently signed sit Allen Hurns, Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole. All have shown varying levels of promise, but none are WR1 material. Depth behind and some redundancy of skill sets should be looked to improve upon. We may also need a #2, but don’t expect the Jags to address both #1 and #2.

TE - Receiving “starter” - I can’t say for certain what’s going to happen with Marcedes or how the team will handle the TE going forward. I don’t expect a primary receiving TE to ever be treated as the actual starter for this team (unless he can block really well too), but we need a TE capable of making catches and extending drives.

LT - Depth - without Cam Robinson, this blindside of the OL is a disaster waiting to happen. It’s time for this team to finally get themselves a swing tackle who can play both spots well in relief.

LG - starter and depth - at this exact moment in time, LG is BY FAR the weakest position on the roster.

C - Nothing - with Brandon Linder being backed up by Tyler Shatley, Center is easily the best position on the offensive line.

RG - Starter and/or depth - this team needs to figure out what they’re doing with AJ Cann. He looks good sometimes and downright awful others. Does he need to switch to the easier to play LG spot? Behind him sits Shatley, but they need more.

RT - depth and starter - Parnell had a very good season protecting the passer. He was the only player who played 400+ passing snaps and didn’t allow a QB hit. It’s impressive stuff. But grumbling around are that he may not be back next year. Behind him still sits the need for the swing tackle.

I have to get back to work, but I’ll get the defense posted later.

On offense (not gonna count the QB), I think the most important positions to address are interior O-Line and TE.

i did the math and in our last 12 games, not including a fake punt and Bortles rushing yards, we averaged 3.3 YPC (337 attempts for 1,133 yards). I know LF wasn’t the same after his injury against the Rams but we need some maulers inside if we are going to be this ground and pound team.

As for TE, Marcedes is ancient and we need that #1 TE. This is the perfect draft to acquire one. This class is loaded at the TE position.

Aside from those, we need depth, badly. Everywhere.

59 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

On offense (not gonna count the QB), I think the most important positions to address are interior O-Line and TE.

i did the math and in our last 12 games, not including a fake punt and Bortles rushing yards, we averaged 3.3 YPC (337 attempts for 1,133 yards). I know LF wasn’t the same after his injury against the Rams but we need some maulers inside if we are going to be this ground and pound team.

As for TE, Marcedes is ancient and we need that #1 TE. This is the perfect draft to acquire one. This class is loaded at the TE position.

Aside from those, we need depth, badly. Everywhere.

Pretty much this.

TE, interior OL, possibly QB, SLB, and depth.

Archived