Brewers sign Lorenzo Cain

beekay414

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

O/U before the Brewers regret this deal?

Zips has Cain at $98M over the life of the deal, and Steamer doesn't do $ predictions, but has the same 2018 WAR projection as Zips. His no-trade protections becomes more limited as the deal goes on. It's not unreasonable at all to say "never".

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Zips has Cain at $98M over the life of the deal, and Steamer doesn't do $ predictions, but has the same 2018 WAR projection as Zips. His no-trade protections becomes more limited as the deal goes on. It's not unreasonable at all to say "never".

It's basically the Dexter Fowler contract. I like both deals.

56 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Fowler was a year younger, and Cain was unquestionably better.

Unquestionably? I would actually argue the opposite. Fowler was considerably more productive in his walk year than Cain. Fowler also didn’t get that contract in such a weak market.

I really don’t like Milwaukee giving 5 years to a 32 year old who has derived a lot of his value from CF defense, but has seen that OF defense already start to decline. I figured some team would get Cain for a steal in this crappy market, not pay what the going rate for a 32 year old is.

2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

I asked you a question and you posted an article that doesnt really answer that. Comparing him to a guy like hunter (and a few others in that group) is silly, he doesnt have that kind of bat. He can still be a decent player if/when he loses his defensive and base running value, but youre likely getting a 1.5-2 wins out of him if we assume his bat stays above averageish.  and thats a fairly large assumption as some of his offensive production is tied into his speed as well, we'll likely see his BABIP decrease as he ages.

Archived