Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

Why should I or anyone for that matter think the Eagles will win this game?  

-Nick Foles when he's hot can be an exceptional QB 

-strong defensive line with lots of depth and rotation

-deep pool of offensive skill talent.

Now there's caveats for each one. Foles can be exceptional but Belichick defenses have kept exceptional QB's in check. Also if Foles isn't exceptional he's likely to be bad. The Eagles have a great d-line, but the weaknesses in the LB corp and a not elite secondary will leave them open for Brady's patented short pass strikes. As far as skill players, I think Belichick has enough talent on defense to shut down the run and force Foles to beat them from the pocket with the secondary and the Patriots secondary with prep time is going to be tough. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

-Nick Foles when he's hot can be an exceptional QB 

-strong defensive line with lots of depth and rotation

-deep pool of offensive skill talent.

Now there's caveats for each one. Foles can be exceptional but Belichick defenses have kept exceptional QB's in check. Also if Foles isn't exceptional he's likely to be bad. The Eagles have a great d-line, but the weaknesses in the LB corp and a not elite secondary will leave them open for Brady's patented short pass strikes. As far as skill players, I think Belichick has enough talent on defense to shut down the run and force Foles to beat them from the pocket with the secondary and the Patriots secondary with prep time is going to be tough. 

I would much rather have a superior secondary than a superior DLine if I were an eagles fan.  They're no doubt going to have to play tight man to man to defeat Brady.

5 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I would much rather have a superior secondary than a superior DLine if I were an eagles fan.  They're no doubt going to have to play tight man to man to defeat Brady.

'07 and '11 Giants secondaries were nothing special. Ditto '12 Ravens.

29 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No but they had some solid linebacker play

Lol the Eagles LBers are far better than what we’ve had. Kendricks, Bradham are very  solid players. The fact that we’ve had to change our starting LB since Antonio Pierce has retired. Besides our d-line our LBers, Eagles will do same with much better LBers. Their secondary is probably not as good as ours was but that gap is quite small. 

Archived