Top QB's F1 M1 K1

BleedTheClock

You've all heard of this game before:

Fudge one, marry one, kill one.

Well now the QB edition (any of this draft's top QB's can be used *Darnold *Mayfield *Rosen *Allen *Jackson)

One of these guys is likely to be a superstar while one of them is likely to be terrible. Let's take guesses.

Franchise QB:

Solid QB:

Bust QB:

Mine:

Franchise QB: Baker Mayfield

Solid QB: Sam Darnold

Bust QB: Josh Allen

*Josh Rosen becomes a solid starter a tick below Darnold. Lamar Jackson eventually moves to WR and stars in the role after failing at QB.*

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Franchise QB: Josh Rosen

Solid QB: Baker Mayfield

Bust QB: Josh Allen

This is mine as well.

Josh Allen is the only first round QB I'd be totally disgusted with if my team drafted.

20 hours ago, DawgX said:

Does anyone think Josh Allen will be a franchise QB? xD

I'm not giving up on him. I was huge on him last year. This year was obviously a major let down. He's never going to be an efficient quarterback, that's for sure. But I still have hope that he can be an effective one. 

20 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This is mine as well.

Josh Allen is the only first round QB I'd be totally disgusted with if my team drafted.

Pitt would have been one of my preferences for him with Haley (not sure now that he's gone) and if you could have gotten him late first or even in the second. The top 5 that I think Allen is going to go is just not supportable

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pitt would have been one of my preferences for him with Haley (not sure now that he's gone) and if you could have gotten him late first or even in the second. The top 5 that I think Allen is going to go is just not supportable

Obviously could be wrong about him, and admittedly, a team like the Steelers would be ideal seeing as he could sit back and learn for a couple years....but I would personally be sick if we ended up drafting him even at 28.    

I personally would be pretty upset if we drafted him at any point before late round 3.   Thats how little faith I have that he will be anything close to a franchise QB.   At least if we draft him in round 3, there is a chance the team would move on after one year if he wasnt good.

Franchise: Josh Rosen.

Solid: Josh Allen.

Bust: Sam Darnold.

I don't even really know how to play this game this year though.  It's a weird group of QBs.  Frankly, i'm not entirely convinced there's a true Franchise QB among the top guys.  It actually looks closer to assorted flavours of potential QB Purgatory right now.  

I think Rosen is probably my safest bet to hold down a starting QB job and be "good enough to not move on" for a long time.  So i'll call that a "franchise QB" in the same vein as an Andy Dalton or similar.  Enough to win with and build around for a long long time.  Close enough for rock 'n roll.

I also think with Pro coaching and a bit more refinement, Josh Allen has the sort of "upside" that could keep a team transfixed for a good long time.  And probably another team after that.  My comp for him is "bigger Jay Cutler", and i could absolutely see his career playing out similarly.  "Solid" on the average, but by averaging the high highs and low lows, rather than just consistent average play.  Winning games and always teasing that "something more" element in his good moments that makes a team hang on for a long time.  Many years as a solidly entrenched starter, but wildly contentious the entire time.

Sam Darnold will probably hoodwink some team into giving him the keys to the car for a while on draft status alone.  But i just don't see it with him.  He's a project, with some really difficult to correct flaws.  He's my bust pick.

I was tempted to pick Lamar Jackson as both my Franchise and my Bust.  I think his landing spot is going to be absolutely critical.  More so than any of the others he's going to need the right situation, flexibility, and people around him.  As well, i think some luck in his ability to stay healthy will play a huge role in where his arrow ultimately points as a QB.  He's my pick for brightest early flash of "franchise changing QB potential" in the NFL though, as long as he goes to a team ready to embrace his game.

Archived