TCMD 18' (3rd Rouind, Jewell/Watts)

IrishHooligan00

47 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Are you kidding, that deal is stellar. Easily becomes the #1 LB core in the whole NFL. 

If you want three undersized LBs in a front 7 that’s already shown a really tough time stopping the run, sure it’s great. 

Still doesn’t address the fact we would have three starting weak side linebackers when we desperately need a strongside.

And that’s assuming you can find someone who will have to replicate what Dareus did as a top 5 run stuffer, and would probably have to do more to address the fact that the LBs are even more undersized than they were this year.

The value on the trade is good. He’s a great player. He just doesn’t fit the needs of this team.

All of that said - this isn’t reality. The team you build doesn’t have to suit up for a game. So if you think people are going to laud the trade and look past the concerns I have, go for it. I’m just saying that if I was actually running the team, I couldn’t do that deal.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, iPwn said:

He should be getting quality backup/low tier starter money. No reason he should get more than that. Anything higher than that, pass. But you’re going to want to address depth on the interior either way.

Jack inside with a true SLB would be my personal preference.

He’s not the backup. The first two weeks we had him (week 9 and 10), we eased him in to the system in situational usage, but he’s been used as NT1 since Week 11. 

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-jax-6.php

Yeah.  I think Jack inside is probably the way to go.  If you can find a great true MLB option in the draft or something, maybe that's worth examining.  But you're ultimately going to want to keep Telvin+Jack on the field always, and with sub packages that means you're going to spend a ton of time with whoever that 3rd LBer is, off the field.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:36 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

PMed you a quick idea, not finalized still debating some players and gotta see who gets resinged and cut and released. 

I'm also really curious on what sort of WR you'd be targeting.  In FA?  It's hard to imagine that's going to yield great value that fits with the rest of the cap stuff, but i'm...curious?

14 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Are you kidding, that deal is stellar. Easily becomes the #1 LB core in the whole NFL. 

and Also allows me to modify my FA approach. 

I'm intrigued by this also now.

13 hours ago, iPwn said:

If you want three undersized LBs in a front 7 that’s already shown a really tough time stopping the run, sure it’s great. 

But this makes me extremely wary.  That's the last thing this LBer corps needs.  Especially if you're also gutting the team of Dareus who was an enormous boon to our run defense once he stepped in and was up to speed here.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I think Jack inside is probably the way to go.  If you can find a great true MLB option in the draft or something, maybe that's worth examining.  But you're ultimately going to want to keep Telvin+Jack on the field always, and with sub packages that means you're going to spend a ton of time with whoever that 3rd LBer is, off the field.

I always felt Jack is better suited for MLB, And with the LB core i have, Sub packages won't be needed as much as the LB can cover TE's RBS and even Slot recievers

I'm also really curious on what sort of WR you'd be targeting.  In FA?  It's hard to imagine that's going to yield great value that fits with the rest of the cap stuff, but i'm...curious?

I might differ from who i wanted to target but may still go after him with an offer sheet. Would instantly boost WR core. 

But this makes me extremely wary.  That's the last thing this LBer corps needs.  Especially if you're also gutting the team of Dareus who was an enormous boon to our run defense once he stepped in and was up to speed here.

DL is not going to be an issue, I have a target in mind if i decide to not go after WR, or am able to sign the QB i want for relatively on th low.  Dareus was really average, A lot of DT would be able to do what he did with the DE/LB's forcing everything to the middle. And there are about 4 DT prospects in the draft who are going to be a lot better and cheaper then dareus. 

42 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I always felt Jack is better suited for MLB, And with the LB core i have, Sub packages won't be needed as much as the LB can cover TE's RBS and even Slot recievers

I might differ from who i wanted to target but may still go after him with an offer sheet. Would instantly boost WR core. 

DL is not going to be an issue, I have a target in mind if i decide to not go after WR, or am able to sign the QB i want for relatively on th low.  Dareus was really average, A lot of DT would be able to do what he did with the DE/LB's forcing everything to the middle. And there are about 4 DT prospects in the draft who are going to be a lot better and cheaper then dareus. 

It sounds to me like you're kinda looking at the success this Jaguars defense had...a bit inside out.  Or rather...outside in.  Did you see how much of a difference Dareus made when he arrived here?  He pretty much singlehandedly shored up what had be a pretty serious liability in an otherwise elite defense...while also being able to push the pocket in passing situations when he's on the field.  He was a huge addition, not just some "backup" or "rotational" guy.

I do think Jack may be able to play MLB and hold his own there now, even though i wasn't sold on the idea beside Telvin Smith before.  That's two smaller LBers out there already.  If you're planning to add another small LBer to the corps, that's going to be too much.  Need a big, mean, physical prototypical SAM backer if anything.

28 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

You also had an old PUZZ out there giving no support to the DL. 

I can guarantee any of the replacements i have in mind will be able to do exactly what dareus did if not do more then what he did. 

Bold guarantee.  Dareus isn't just some useless chump.

45 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

You also had an old PUZZ out there giving no support to the DL. 

I can guarantee any of the replacements i have in mind will be able to do exactly what dareus did if not do more then what he did. 

Dareus single handedly fixed (as much as one guy can) our run defense while bringing some solid pass rush. No you can not find someone that can do what Dareus did or better.

Archived