TCMD 18' (3rd Rouind, Jewell/Watts)

IrishHooligan00

3 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I have watched them, I also know how Bortles has been the past few years. He's not even in the top 20 of QBS in the league. Dareus isn't who he used to be. He is slower, Granted he is stronger now, but hes a lot slower, but you can Sign a DT cheaper to do the same thing. I could even go after Vita Vea to fill that spot and hes going to do the same thing. He's not worth 10 Million. If his Cap hit was only 5-7 Million It'd be great, but not 10 Million. 

What does it matter what Bortles was like in 2016? This year he was a very solid QB that managed the game, limited turnovers, and did what the staff asked him to do. He did very well doing it with young inexperienced WRs and a 33-34 year old TE. What does he did under Hackett another year with improved weapons? Put Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, and co. with Blake like your boy Keenum.

If you seriously think you can get a DT that plays better than Dareus for cheaper/that is an option for us to even get you're wrong. IDK what else to say.

I have a VERY hard time believing you watched us based on your comments.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

What does it matter what Bortles was like in 2016? This year he was a very solid QB that managed the game, limited turnovers, and did what the staff asked him to do. He did very well doing it with young inexperienced WRs and a 33-34 year old TE. What does he did under Hackett another year with improved weapons? Put Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, and co. with Blake like your boy Keenum.

If you seriously think you can get a DT that plays better than Dareus for cheaper/that is an option for us to even get you're wrong. IDK what else to say.

I have a VERY hard time believing you watched us based on your comments.

Are you kidding, Robinson, Lee and westbrook are better then MIN WRS lol. MINs RB after Cook went down is weaker then JAX. 

He had 14 games of only 1 TD or less. Had 6 games he threw more INT then TDS. 

Next year you think thats going to beat teams with healthy REAL QBS like Watson and Luck, Cmon now. 

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Are you kidding, Robinson, Lee and westbrook are better then MIN WRS lol. MINs RB after Cook went down is weaker then JAX. 

He had 14 games of only 1 TD or less. Had 6 games he threw more INT then TDS. 

Next year you think thats going to beat teams with healthy REAL QBS like Watson and Luck, Cmon now. 

1) ARob didn't play this year.

2) Lee and Dede are better than Thielen and Diggs? Are you kidding me?

You keep alluding to his stats. That's what game managers do. They aren't going to consistently get gaudy stats. Watch the damn flow of games. When you are up by 10+ points you aren't forcing things with our defense and when there is no reason to.

Also, the Broncos won the SB with Manning without an arm. So yes, I do think we can win.

90 percent of the NFL trots out game managers, which Blake was this year. There is only a few that aren't ala Brees, ARod, Wilson, Brady, Big Ben, Ryan, etc. Those guys aren't available. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Nah man, he was in on exactly one pass play this year. He counts as a weapon Blake had for this season, and proof he was loaded with weapons this past year.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

2) Lee and Dede are better than Thielen and Diggs? Are you kidding me?

You keep alluding to his stats. That's what game managers do. They aren't going to consistently get gaudy stats. Watch the damn flow of games. When you are up by 10+ points you aren't forcing things with our defense and when there is no reason to.

oh but didnt he play last year....im not just referring to this year. nothing from bortles 4 years suggest hes worth 19 million this year or that you can't get a QB to do exactly the same thing at a cheaper cost or a QB who will be better. 

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

oh but didnt he play last year....im not just referring to this year. nothing from bortles 4 years suggest hes worth 19 million this year or that you can't get a QB to do exactly the same thing at a cheaper cost or a QB who will be better. 

Who the hell cares about the past three years before 2017 (although 2015 he DID play well)?

This year, he was a top 18-22 type QB with limited weapons. With proper weapons around him (as game managers need), there's reason to believe he can be a very middle of the road/maybe slightly above average QB.

You talk about Keenum as an upgrade and want to base Blake off previous years yet don't do the same for Keenum who was worse than Bortles in past years?

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

So Blake gets trashed for his entire career, but Keenum gets praise for only one year?

Just now, iPwn said:

Before this season:

LWV2MAP.jpg

What makes you think a soon to be 30 year old Keenum is going to be better going forward?

Confidence in himself and the ownership and coaching. Bortles doesn't have that. Just last year Everyone was wanting to get rid of bortles, Even this year everyone wants to get rid of him, but since the defense saved his *** and got him somewhere, everyones thinking oh wow he might be good, we should try it again for a year. 

Archived