Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
One Punch Man

TCMD ‘18 - War Room *CHECK IT OUT HAWKS FANS*

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, so I was lucky enough to get assigned GM of the Seattle Seahawks over at the TCMD.

I’m kind of a control freak, but I do respect the opinions of my fellow fans. While I will ultimately be making the final decisions, I’m basing them mainly on the opinion of us as a collective.

I’ll post a guideline of what exactly will be taking place, post what sort of decisions you all can help with. For now, let this be a placeholder for what’s to come.

Here’s to the 2018-19 season. Down with the Patriots. Go Hawks.

Edited by One Punch Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’ve made a trade that’ll allow us to return to elite run defense.

Expect a lot of movement this offseason guys. Familiar faces to new places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE:

I’ve deconstructed our defense quite a bit.

I traded away every member of the LoB except for Kam. I also traded KJ Wright for Marcell Dareus. Got Arik Armstead in a trade for Earl Thomas. Traded Michael Bennett for draft picks. I signed Terrence Brooks to replace Earl.. nobody yet for Sherm. Might rely on the draft to add talent here. I was outbid on the guy I really wanted (Kyle Fuller, Bears FA). But there are other options I’m looking at. My mantra for FA: do not over-pay. 

I also resigned McDougald, as I’d like to incorporate a lot of 4-2-5 looks. 

Skeleton Starting Defense:

 

Rush DE: Frank Clark

1-Tech: Jarran Reed

3-Tech: Marcell Dareus

Big DE: Arik Armstead

Naz Jones, Malik McDowell, Stephen Weatherly as rotation pieces.. at the very least, we’ll have a top-notch run defense. But we’ve too much length and athleticism to not develop an above-average pass rush.  

 

LB: Bobby Wagner

LB: Free Agent/Draft Pick

We’ve got our main guy here: Wagner. As great as Wright was for us, I think last year sort of exposed a truth: run defense is dictated by the trenches. I’m still entertaining the possibility of moving Kam to LB permanently. If we run a 4-2-5 Base, he’ll be the Safety closest to the L.O.S. anyway.

 

CB: Shaq Griffin, Justin Coleman*, Free Agent/Draft Pick

FS: Terrence Brooks

SS: Kam Chancellor, Bradley McDougald

I’m a fan of Brooks. To quote a Jets fan on his play: good in coverage, good enough against the run. To me? Perfect fit for what we need at Safety. He’s really the perfect compliment to McDougald, in that McDougald is good against the run, good enough in coverage. They’re both average at worst, above-average at best starters that are extremely effective for what they cost us.

 

Other Things of Note:

- I loaded up on draft picks, especially in the 3rd

- Looking to acquire LT/LG Cordy Glenn from the Bills. Imagine sliding him inside next to Brown and Britt.. that left side would be pretty filthy.

- Acquired RT Aviante Collins in a trade. Developmental piece with starter potential on the right side. He’s competition for Ifedi at RT. Isn’t that what Pete would want? Competition at every position? The best man plays. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a recent trade I’ll be making, our offense will look like..

 

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Chris Carson/Free Agent/Draft Pick

WR: Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Darboh OR Free Agent/Draft Pick

TE: Nick Vannett/Free Agent

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Cordy Glenn

C: Justin Rritt

RG: Free Agent/Draft Pick/Germain Ifedi

RT: Ifedi/George Fant

 

Biggest Needs: LB, WR, CB, RG

 

Not bad on the offenseive line huh boys?

I’ve 10 draft picks, plenty in the 4th and 5th.

After the trade, I should have around 25 million in cap space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to let you know that I'm definitely following this.  I personally cannot get into this kind of stuff because it's too time consuming for me, but I enjoy watching.

As far as what you've done with the team:  I really like the defensive line.  It's really talented.  The secondary is actually filled with potential as well.  Offensively, you've done good addressing the offensive line.  Really looking to see what you do with the cap space you have and the draft picks.

Oh and I'll never forgive you for trading Earl Thomas to a division rival.  xD:P  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, showtime said:

I just wanted to let you know that I'm definitely following this.  I personally cannot get into this kind of stuff because it's too time consuming for me, but I enjoy watching.

As far as what you've done with the team:  I really like the defensive line.  It's really talented.  The secondary is actually filled with potential as well.  Offensively, you've done good addressing the offensive line.  Really looking to see what you do with the cap space you have and the draft picks.

Oh and I'll never forgive you for trading Earl Thomas to a division rival.  xD:P  

It’s pretty time consuming. If I didn’t have th job that I have, there’d be no way lol. I’m sorry man.. but that 3rd he gave us for us Glenn. If that’s any consolation. I’m confident in us addressing needs with budget friendly guys. In the 1st round, there will be great value available at where we’re picking for our positions of need.

I actually need your opinion!

Bears owner is trying to do a swap.. Kyle Long for Duane Brown.

We get a younger, slightly cheaper piece that actually has experience at G. We’d keep Glenn at LT. Should I? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One Punch Man said:

It’s pretty time consuming. If I didn’t have th job that I have, there’d be no way lol. I’m sorry man.. but that 3rd he gave us for us Glenn. If that’s any consolation. I’m confident in us addressing needs with budget friendly guys. In the 1st round, there will be great value available at where we’re picking for our positions of need.

I actually need your opinion!

Bears owner is trying to do a swap.. Kyle Long for Duane Brown.

We get a younger, slightly cheaper piece that actually has experience at G. We’d keep Glenn at LT. Should I? 

I'm not super familiar with Kyle Long.  How was he this past season?  Also, I feel like you've done a really good job with the offensive line by getting Glenn.  Who were you looking at drafting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm not super familiar with Kyle Long.  How was he this past season?  Also, I feel like you've done a really good job with the offensive line by getting Glenn.  Who were you looking at drafting?

He’s been good, somewhat injury prone but is only 29 like Glenn.

Also looking at acquiring Saints LG Andrus Peat for DT Reed.. I know, I know. Reed is a good one, but so is Peat. 

Might also trade McDowell for Kansas City C Mitch Morse, then move Morse to LG. He was Britt’s teammate. Super athletic guy, don’t see why he couldn’t make the transition.

I’d like to unload Brown’s contract and find an adequate solution one of the holes at Guard. Worst case, I keep Brown.. spend lightly during the rest of FA.

I’m thinking BPA.. hoping Orlando Brown or Connor Williams falls. I wouldn’t hate taking a guy like Josh Jackson, Denzel Ward would be awesome. I’d prefer a guy like Tarvarus McFadden later on. Maybe S Ronnie Harrison? Or LB Malik Jefferson? DE Arden Key, WR Courtland Sutton.. maybe a guy like RoQuan Smith or Edmunds falls.

I’ve debated trading down into early 2nd and taking best OG, like Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez. 

Point is: I really like the talent from the mid/late 1st all the way to the 4th, which is why I’m trying to stock up and get best value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

He’s been good, somewhat injury prone but is only 29 like Glenn.

Also looking at acquiring Saints LG Andrus Peat for DT Reed.. I know, I know. Reed is a good one, but so is Peat. 

Might also trade McDowell for Kansas City C Mitch Morse, then move Morse to LG. He was Britt’s teammate. Super athletic guy, don’t see why he couldn’t make the transition.

I’d like to unload Brown’s contract and find an adequate solution one of the holes at Guard. Worst case, I keep Brown.. spend lightly during the rest of FA.

I’m thinking BPA.. hoping Orlando Brown or Connor Williams falls. I wouldn’t hate taking a guy like Josh Jackson, Denzel Ward would be awesome. I’d prefer a guy like Tarvarus McFadden later on. Maybe S Ronnie Harrison? Or LB Malik Jefferson? DE Arden Key, WR Courtland Sutton.. maybe a guy like RoQuan Smith or Edmunds falls.

I’ve debated trading down into early 2nd and taking best OG, like Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez. 

Point is: I really like the talent from the mid/late 1st all the way to the 4th, which is why I’m trying to stock up and get best value.

That sounds like a good plan.  If you trade Reed for Peat, I wouldn't mind that.  I was going to say, lets not go overkill on the offensive line, but you actually listed a bunch of guys who you're considering drafting that aren't offensive linemen so that's fantastic.  Really good plan so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×