Rich7sena's Official Mock Offseason *FINAL DRAFT* - 3/11/18

Rich7sena

OAKLAND RAIDERS

FREE AGENCY

DRAFT

Beginning cap - $19,535,959 (Spotrac.com)

CUTS:

• Sean Smith - $8,500,000 savings

• Marshall Newhouse - $1,750,000 savings

TRADES:

• 1.10 trades and 6.185 to Dallas for 1.19, 2.50, 4.137, and 2019 2nd round pick

• Buce Irvin traded to San Francisco for 5.143 - $8,250,000 savings

Post cuts cap - $38,035,959

RE-SIGN:

• T.J. Carrie - 3 years, $21,000,000

• Justin Ellis - 3 years, $15,000,000

• NaVorro Bowman - 3 years, $10,500,000

EXTEND/RESTRUCTURE

• Khalil Mack (extension) - 6 years, $120,000,000 ($4,000,000 signing bonus in 2018)

Post re-sign cap - $18,535,959

FREE AGENCY:

• Cameron Fleming - 5 years, $30,000,000

• Justin Bethel - 2 years, $5,000,000

• Zach Line - 2 years, $2,500,000

ENDING CAP - $10,285,959

1.20 - Harold Landry, Edge, Boston College

2.41 - Isaac Yiadom, DB, Boston College

2.50 (from Dallas) - Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU

3.75 - Andrew Brown, DL, Virginia

4.110 - J’Mon Moore, WR, Missouri

4.137 - Brandon Parker, OL, North Carolina A&T

5.143 (from San Francisco) - Christian Sam, LB, Arizona State

6.192 - Oren Burks, LB, Vanderbilt

6.210 - Jamar Summers, DB, Uconn

6.212 - Trayvon Henderson, DB, Hawaii

6.217 - Kahlil McKenzie, DL, Tennessee

7.228 - Tyrone Crowder, OL, Clemson

DEPTH CHART

Offense

QB: Derek Carr, Connor Cook

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Rashaad Penny (R2), DeAndre Washington, Jalen Richard

RB(3rd Down): Rashaad Penny (R2), Jalen Richard, Marshawn Lynch, DeAndre Washington

FB: Zach Line, Jamize Olawale

WR(X): Michael Crabtree, J’Mon Moore (R4), Cordarrelle Patterson, Johnny Holton

WR(Z): Amari Cooper, J’Mon Moore (R4), Cordarrelle Patterson, Johnny Holton

WR(Slot): J’Mon Moore (R4), Seth Roberts, Cordarrelle Patterson, Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree

TE: Jared Cook, Clive Walford, Pharaoh Brown

LT: Donald Penn, David Sharpe, Jylan Ware, Brandon Parker (R6)

LG: Kelechi Osemele, Vadal Alexander, Tyrone Crowder (R7)

C: Rodney Hudson, Jon Feliciano

RG: Gabe Jackson, Jon Feliciano, Tyrone Crowder (R7)

RT: Cameron Fleming, David Sharpe, Jylan Ware, Brandon Parker (R6)

Defense

(Base 4-3/4-2-5)

RDE: Mario Edwards Jr., Harold Landry (R1), Jihad Ward

DRT: Andrew Brown (R3), Eddie Vanderdoes, Treyvon Hester

DLT: Justin Ellis, Darius Latham, Kahlil McKenzie (R6)

LDE: Khalil Mack, Harold Landry (R1), Jihad Ward

SAM: Corey James, Christian Sam (R5)Marquel Lee

MIKE: NaVorro Bowman, Christian Sam (R5)Marquel Lee

WILL: Nicholas Morrow, Oren Burks (R6), Corey James

RCB: Gareon Conley, Isaac Yiadom (R2), Justin Bethel, Dexter McDonald, Jamar Summers (R6)

LCB: T.J. Carrie, Isaac Yiadom (R2), Justin Bethel, Dexter McDonald, Jamar Summers (R6)

NB: Isaac Yiadom (R2), Justin Bethel, Dexter McDonald, Jamar Summers (R6)

SS: Obi Melifonwu, Shalom Luani, Trayvon Henderson (R6)

FS: Karl Joseph, Shalom Luani, Trayvon Henderson (R6)

42 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Richardson would be ok but not at that price for me and I want no part of Bennett at all.

I was conservative with my projections considering the anticipated $20 million cap increase. I gave him a comparable contract to Robert Woods.

Why wouldn't you want Bennett?

16 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Playing it in the nickel isn't the same as in the base though.

What's the difference? He'd be going up against the same lineman and in many cases facing the threat of a run. MEJ was a better run defender than pass rusher last year.

49 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

What's the difference? He'd be going up against the same lineman and in many cases facing the threat of a run. MEJ was a better run defender than pass rusher last year.

The number one difference is you're not facing the same offensive formations in the base than in the nickel. You're going to face an extra blocker in the box when lined up in the base and your interior defenders have to be able to hold up to that blocking presence.

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

The number one difference is you're not facing the same offensive formations in the base than in the nickel. You're going to face an extra blocker in the box when lined up in the base and your interior defenders have to be able to hold up to that blocking presence.

The extra blocker is accounted for by an extra linebacker and a bigger nose tackle. It's not like MEJ is Denico Autry, he can put the line between guards and tackles.

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I can't see us landing all these players.

The Seattle players will stay in place IMO and Hitchens will be a hot commodity...

Why can't you see the Raiders landing all those players? I think it's especially likely the Raiders are active this free agency period because of the mass exodus many of us expect of the 2016 FA class. Couple that with new schemes on offense and defense; I think it's a safe bet the roster looks fairly different in 2018.

And based on what Bennett said in December and Shead's own excitement for becoming a free agent, I think it's a relatively safe assumption at least both will be playing for other teams next year. I'd also bet on Chancellor and Avril leaving. Sherman I'd put at 50/50.

21 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Why can't you see the Raiders landing all those players? I think it's especially likely the Raiders are active this free agency period because of the mass exodus many of us expect of the 2016 FA class. Couple that with new schemes on offense and defense; I think it's a safe bet the roster looks fairly different in 2018.

And based on what Bennett said in December and Shead's own excitement for becoming a free agent, I think it's a relatively safe assumption at least both will be playing for other teams next year. I'd also bet on Chancellor and Avril leaving. Sherman I'd put at 50/50.

I also think we will be active in FA, but I doubt we will sign all these big name players.

Shead will want to be a starter if he leaves, AH will be the hottest LB IMO, while PR will be a primary re-sign for Sea IMO...but hey I will be glad if we get them all :)

Archived