Nintendo Switch Thread

Didn't see one of these yet. Recently bought one despite telling myself I'd wait until Mario Odyssey. Just spent 22 hours of traveling back home to Manila and it was amazing having a console to play on the plane and in the airport. 

Few notes from my time with it:
-Bomberman has been solid. Guess the update really improved it.
-ARMS is a fun game to play with friends
-Replaying BotW on the Switch since I already beat it on the U. Bundle I bought came with the DLC. Master Sword trials are fun. Hope they give extra story.
-MK8 battle mode is worth the repurchase.

Have had mine for a bit, as of now I only own Mario Kart and LoZ:Breath of the Wild (I actually do have Just Dance but that was part of the bundle I got with Zelda) 

Played more Mario Kart then Zelda thus far, I got stuck on a shrine that is giving me fits. Luckily, I did watch my cousin beat the shrine so I have a much better idea how to do it. 

11 minutes ago, stallyns said:

Agreed, played this on PS4 by my cousins house we played for like 7 hours. 4 people in their 40s and a couple kids (10+7) 

I am to embarrassed to post how many hours I have in it since I purchased it last April on Xbox. :|

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Pad Level said:

I've only got NBA Playgounds, Zelda, and Splatoon.  Waiting for FIFA.

Splatoon 2 has been so much fun. There are a handful of things that drive me bonkers with the online, such as Salmon Run only being certain days, not being able to form a team with friends, and of course having to use Discord for online chat.

3 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Splatoon 2 has been so much fun. There are a handful of things that drive me bonkers with the online, such as Salmon Run only being certain days, not being able to form a team with friends, and of course having to use Discord for online chat.

I've been so damn bust that I haven't gotten to really play it yet.  I think I'm only a level 4 at the moment but should get some quality time in soon.  Love what I've seen so far from it though.

My wife and son want a Switch, but I fear it'll be Wii U 2.0 at this point. Not a lot has been released and won't be for awhile.

I'd like to grab Zelda. My boy wants Splatoon so bad. Not sure what to get for my wife. I have Stardew Valley, but she wants her own copy; so there's that. I don't know what else she'd want that's coming out ... Although SHE wants to play Zelda; but it's not for the casual gamer.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked one up last week, got Zelda and Mario Kart. Love that they finally added arean's back into mario kart. And I've enjoyed Zelda more than I thought I would. I was hesitant at first, but the nostalgic sounds and notifications brought me back to memories of childhood. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

Guys, I know Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle may not be on manys radar, but I am here to say this game is legit fun. Very much worth the play so far. Reviews are looking nice too. Y'all should give it a look!

I've only heard great things from every one of my friends that have bought it. 

30 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I've only heard great things from every one of my friends that have bought it. 

And for good reason. If you like Nintendo games get it. If you like turn based strategies (XCOM, Fire Emblem, Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.) get it. If you like games with simple mechanics, yet solid depth and complexity, get it. If you like games that are silly, funny, and don't take themselves seriously in the least, get it. If you are like me, and fall into all of these categories...you are in for a treat xD

I would have bought this so much sooner, but I've grown increasingly sick of Nintendo lately. 

The Wii U had literally less than a dozen games that were worth buying.  I just get so sick of buying Nintendo systems for like 6 games.  I watched this long video about how this guy is obsessed with Nintendo and he said that the reason Nintendo is now considered the third best gaming option is because of the lack of games, and it's true.

Splatoon, Super Smash Bros (even though I don't like it and never bought it), Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker (even though that's literally the video game equivalent of a self checkout line), Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U, Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin 3...

Nintendo doesn't have to compete with the graphics and storytelling of PS and Xbox, they just have to make more GOOD games.  And UNIQUE games.  Pikmin 3 is one of my favorite games ever, and I haven't played Splatoon, but those two types of games are what Nintendo needs to do and do a lot of. 

So until the Switch comes out with at least a good chunk of worthy games (and hopefully Pikmin 4), I'm not buying it. 

So somebody tell me when it does so I can because I want it.