Nintendo Switch Thread

On 8/8/2018 at 6:59 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

The Super Smash Bros Nintendo Direct was wild. How is all of that going to fit on a cartridge? 70+ characters, 100+ stages, 800 songs...... 

Added in a d1 patch or something I’d imagine 

On 8/8/2018 at 5:59 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

The Super Smash Bros Nintendo Direct was wild. How is all of that going to fit on a cartridge? 70+ characters, 100+ stages, 800 songs...... 

Some leaks out of Japan are saying that the file size will be 16gb. The carts can currently hold up to 32gb.

Just now, Woz said:

(after reading @pwny's note)

"Alright! You're ready to ... download the next update (out of eight)!"

xD

fwiw, it's only about 2.5 gigs larger than Breath of the Wild.

LA Noire is 29GB and only required the huge download it did because Rockstar refused to use the 32GB cart. Even still, they put ~15gb on the 16gb cart. So I think worst case is that it's about a 1GB download if Nintendo opts for the 16gb cart rather than the 32. 

Call me lame but I'm kind of pumped for Mario Party. The mini games I saw in the trailer look awesome and its something easy I can play hungover or with my girlfriend. I love Zelda but I know I need some mental capacity and a nice chunk a time to even fire it up. 

They need to keep track of your stats overall though, give you a user name and let you know how many times you've won, etc. Can't be that hard. 

Edited by PaulWall_23
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Call me lame but I'm kind of pumped for Mario Party. The mini games I saw in the trailer look awesome and its something easy I can play hungover or with my girlfriend. I love Zelda but I know I need some mental capacity and a nice chunk a time to even fire it up. 

They need to keep track of your stats overall though, give you a user name and let you know how many times you've won, etc. Can't be that hard. 

Not lame at all, I think it looks great too. I'm be getting it

28 minutes ago, PaulWall_23 said:

I'll be getting it, for the same reasons you listed.   I don't think it's lame, at all.