Nintendo Switch Thread

On 8/27/2018 at 12:18 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Anyone playing Mario tennis?

Surprisingly, my son isn't (especially since I managed to snooker him into mowing the lawn for most of the summer in exchange for me buying it).

What Switch games are you guys picking up for the rest of the year? 

I'm just looking at Smash for the most part. I'll probably pick up an indie game like Undertale to hold me over until RDR2 comes out on Xbox One. Maybe Mega Man 11 if it's not outrageously hard like the old games. Pokemon is a bit interesting, but it just seems like filler until the real one comes out next year. 

There are still some Switch games that I want to play that I would like to get in a sale too, like DKC: Tropical Freeze. 

Edited by Lions017

Maybe Switch-related... Streets of Rage 4 was just announced!

Any chance it'll get a Switch release or do you guys think it'll be a next gen title? With it being announced this late in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a PS5/Xbox Next launch title, though the Switch's portability makes it perfect for Beat-Em-Ups, so who knows?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lions017 said:

What Switch games are you guys picking up for the rest of the year? 

Smash and Mario Party for sure. Will check out the new Megaman and Pokémon as potential gets. Will probably get Captain Toad and Crash if so can get them on sale.

For reference, I currently have Mario Kart, Tennis, Odyssey, Zelda, Tropica Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Mania, Stardew and Shovel Knight.

27 minutes ago, pwny said:

Smash and Mario Party for sure. Will check out the new Megaman and Pokémon as potential gets. Will probably get Captain Toad and Crash if so can get them on sale.

For reference, I currently have Mario Kart, Tennis, Odyssey, Zelda, Tropica Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Mania, Stardew and Shovel Knight.

Wanna play online tennis one of these days?

22 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Wanna play online tennis one of these days?

If I ever get even remotely decent, sure.

I played a game online to unlock the character for August, and I got completely embarrassed.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, BayRaider said:

Switch worth getting?

1. This is a Nintendo Switch thread. What do you think people are going to say?
  2. Start at the beginning of the thread. This question has gotten re-hashed at least two or three times.
Just now, BayRaider said:

And any Pokémon games coming out besides the let’s go one?

There's Detective Pikachu (but that's going to be very different than Let's Go and your standard Pokemon titles). I suppose if you allow very loose interpretations of "Pokemon games," there's also Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Bought the Switch a few weeks ago. It's cool and all. I just think of it as a adult Gameboy. I bought it for nostalgia reasons as well. Loved Mario Tennis as a kid and planned on buying Pokemon till I heard it was a glorified version of the "Go App" garbage. But I also got Smash Bros coming out end of the year so that will be an instant cop. Because Roy's our boy. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase even though I've used it maybe 2 hours top. Thinking the new online vault with the NES games will make it more interesting, too.

I have a question though...

Do anyone really use it in Dock Mode? I tried it and hated it. Just felt like it really wasn't meant to be played on the big screen, lol