Nintendo Switch Thread

6 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Bought one for the family over the weekend. My little boy is obsessed with splatoon. Might have to get him Lego Worlds soon. 

I got Zelda for myself / my wife. Didn't play much yet thanks to NHL / NBA but it's incredible thus far. I'm waiting on more games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

They Just had a Nintendo Direct announcing  some new games and more info on games already announced.

One surprise announcement...Doom and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus have both been announced for Switch! Can't wait for these.

6 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Bought one for the family over the weekend. My little boy is obsessed with splatoon. Might have to get him Lego Worlds soon. 

I got Zelda for myself / my wife. Didn't play much yet thanks to NHL / NBA but it's incredible thus far. I'm waiting on more games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Also, don't know how old your son is, but if he is into Lego games, Lego City Undercover is great too. My daughter loves it and she is 5. Personally I am ready for NBA 2K18 tomorrow. On the Switch so I can have my ball on the go.

3 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Also, don't know how old your son is, but if he is into Lego games, Lego City Undercover is great too. My daughter loves it and she is 5. Personally I am ready for NBA 2K18 tomorrow. On the Switch so I can have my ball on the go.

He's also 5. I have Lego Worlds on my PC, but it's very hard for him. Plus he doesn't get on it often. It'd be easier for him to play it on console. He's getting the hang of Splatoon 2 already. 

I'm definitely an idiot for buying this in a bundle for ~$500 a few months ago because I'll never use it as hardcore as I use my ps4 but I am definitely looking forward to NBA and other potential sports games on it and Stardew Valley. I've never played that but think it'd be neat on the switch

So I am thinking about getting a switch. Trading my Xbox one towards it.

seems like the only time I ever play my Xbox is when my daughter and wife are sleeping. We just moved in with my in laws while we wait on our house to get finished. That will be about 3-4more months or so. 

Thinking this would be more convenient to play in down time during the day and would be able to play at night. I could play it a lot more in portable more and than be able to play once and awhile in docking mode

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

So I am thinking about getting a switch. Trading my Xbox one towards it.

seems like the only time I ever play my Xbox is when my daughter and wife are sleeping. We just moved in with my in laws while we wait on our house to get finished. That will be about 3-4more months or so. 

Thinking this would be more convenient to play in down time during the day and would be able to play at night. I could play it a lot more in portable more and than be able to play once and awhile in docking mode

Or would I be better off just getting a gameboy?

35 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Highly considering getting it. I love Mario Kart and will probably get Zelda too. 

do you guys reallY enjoy the switch? 

I've loved it. MK8 would be a console pusher if it wasn't out for the Wii U. Same with Zelda. Both are incredible playing while traveling. Splatoon 2 is a fun online shooter, as well. Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Yoshi, Kirby all coming out too