Nintendo Switch Thread

24 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Anyone pick up the Pokémon yellow remake? Is it worth getting as an adult or did they make it too easy? 

I have it.  I enjoyed it, but it is pretty easy.  I don't think the difficulty is as much of a problem as people tried to make it out to be, though.  

I just left my passenger pokemon out of my lineup, didn't abuse the pc, and didn't farm xp from unnecessarily catching excess wild pokemon; I ended up with a good experience with it.  I only did the co-op a little one night with my wife and a couple of drinks (she knows nothing about pokemon).  That made the game very easy, but it was fun for a bit.  If you co-oped the majority of the campaign, it would be incredibly easy to get through. 

Edited by jyod21

2 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I have it.  I enjoyed it, but it is pretty easy.  I don't think the difficulty is as much of a problem as people tried to make it out to be, though.  

I just left my passenger pokemon out of my lineup, didn't abuse the pc, and didn't farm xp from unnecessarily catching excess wild pokemon; I ended up with a good experience with it.  I only did the co-op a little one night with my wife and a couple of drinks (she knows nothing about pokemon).  That made the game very easy, but it was fun for a bit.  If you co-oped the majority of the campaign, it would be incredibly easy to get through. 

Eh disappointing a bit. I guess I've just outgrown the first ones. I wish their were difficulties to pick from. 

5 hours ago, jyod21 said:

Yeah, that would be really nice.  I'm interested in seeing the details on the core game coming out this year.

According to the rumor mill it's going to be a BOTW esque revitalization for Pokemon.

I'm highly skeptical on that given they haven't changed the battle system since the original outside of spinoffs here and there. 

I'm hoping they change it up in major ways though, but it will more than likely just be along the lines Pokemon Sun&Moon upscaled for the switch, a mainline entry that introduces a new gen but it's still pokemon at it's core. 

16 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

According to the rumor mill it's going to be a BOTW esque revitalization for Pokemon.

I'm highly skeptical on that given they haven't changed the battle system since the original outside of spinoffs here and there. 

I'm hoping they change it up in major ways though, but it will more than likely just be along the lines Pokemon Sun&Moon upscaled for the switch, a mainline entry that introduces a new gen but it's still pokemon at it's core. 

Where have you seen this? I don't want to get my hopes up because we've seen Pokemon lose it's glamour over the last 10 years, but this would instantly become one of my most anticipated games EVER 

Brought my switch to our guys weekend at Wisconsin Dells. Basically a drinking fest for a couple days in a cabin. One of the mornings (still buzzed) four of us decided to play Mario Party. So many laughs and such a good time. The game doesn't have a ton of features but they really executed on the mini games, nostalgia and making the boards not overly complex.  

On 1/9/2019 at 12:50 PM, Spartacus said:

Eh disappointing a bit. I guess I've just outgrown the first ones. I wish their were difficulties to pick from. 

Had pokemon ever been difficult though? It's always just been about grinding it out. Whenever I played I would just take my starter as pretty much my main/only pokemon and  1shot nearly everything.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think I really want to get a Switch, but I am desperately waiting for a price drop (that I don't think is going to happen). I just can't justify spending the money. 

I'm in the same boat as you. I check Facebook marketplace daily.

Just missed getting one that was like new with Hey You Pikachu for $250. Was too slow on the draw. :( 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think I really want to get a Switch, but I am desperately waiting for a price drop (that I don't think is going to happen). I just can't justify spending the money. 

I don't see a price drop happening anytime soon. The best-case scenario is to get a bundle that includes a free game. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Might search for a used deal too.

Doesn't look like the price is that much less (GameStop only knocks $20 off the retail price for used ones ... yes I know GameStop sucks, but it at least gives you a market point).

However:
https://www.discountconsole.com/product-p/0012.htm (red/blue JoyCons)
https://www.discountconsole.com/product-p/0013.htm (gray JoyCons)

I know NOTHING about that website (there's only a single review on the red/blue one, but who knows if that is legit or not), but they are offering one a Switch for $234.99 (and free shipping).

Caveat emptor really applies here.

• Like 1