Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Wow

Wow.  I've never played a Mario Maker game, but this looks amazing.  Why does it say in the intro you can play with the old school Nintendo Mario games (like 1, 2, etc), but the game play shows full 3D Mario's and stuff being used?

Also, just to let you guys know.  You can go into the eShop, and if you're a Nintendo Online Subscriber, you can get two game vouchers for $99.  This is a really good deal if you're planning on getting some games.

For me, I'll be getting Mario Maker 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, so those games cost $120 for both.  With this new game vouchers program, I can get both for $99.  It's a really good savings.

EDIT:  Here's a list of games you can use Vouchers on:  https://www.nintendo.com/games/voucher-compatible-games/

Linked off the above video is this one:

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but I have (and didn't see this video until after I purchased replacements *sigh*). I've done the recalibration, hadn't tried the cleaning (but doubtful that it would help all that much with the JoyCons I had), but will try the stick replacement myself, hopefully this weekend (if I can get the part in time).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Wow.  I've never played a Mario Maker game, but this looks amazing.  Why does it say in the intro you can play with the old school Nintendo Mario games (like 1, 2, etc), but the game play shows full 3D Mario's and stuff being used?

Because you can set stages in Mario 1, 2, 3, etc style.

Incredibly addictive game.

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, showtime said:

You didn’t notice them switching between the four graphics styles throughout the video?

Super Mario Bros:

nmhBkRu.jpg

Super Mario Bros 3:

mS6tO8K.jpg

Super Mario World:

7q5VuBw.jpg

New Super Mario:

5ecWkHK.jpg

Super Mario 3D:

3P2nS7j.jpg

Just now, pwny said:

You didn’t notice them switching between the four graphics styles throughout the video?

I did notice it, that's why I asked the question.  The lady in the video said you can change the game from Super Mario Bro., Super Mario World, and Super Mario Bros. 3.  Those are all 2D Mario games, but in the footage they showed a 3D Mario game.  I was just wondering why they didn't say all the games, but maybe because there will be more to come and they just listed 3 examples.

613mim0iagy21.jpg

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

I did notice it, that's why I asked the question.  The lady in the video said you can change the game from Super Mario Bro., Super Mario World, and Super Mario Bros. 3.  Those are all 2D Mario games, but in the footage they showed a 3D Mario game.  I was just wondering why they didn't say all the games, but maybe because there will be more to come and they just listed 3 examples.

Ahhh. I get what you mean now. I thought you were asking a completely different question.

They’re going to have the 5 themes in your photo above at launch. Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. U were in the first one at launch. 3D world is getting added for this one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I'm trash at being creative and imaginative. This still worth it? Give it a month so those that are good at life can make levels?

Do you like to challenge yourself with some inventive (and potentially infuriating) level designs that you've never seen before?

I suspect you'll see levels come online pretty fast.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:26 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I'm trash at being creative and imaginative. This still worth it? Give it a month so those that are good at life can make levels?

Just play story mode until the good levels come out. Panga probably has sadistic levels prepared.

Edited by candyman93

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just play story mode until the good levels come out. Panga probably has sadistic levels prepared.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the bigger name level makers get the game as part of an early release.

@titansNvolsR#1 ... Panga ... yeah, down that pathway leads to madness.