Nintendo Switch Thread

On 9/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What SNES games you boys been playing? I've been rocking SMW, Demon's Crest, and Yoshi's Island like no other. Link to the Past later.

I need to give Undertale a go, I think.

Started up Super Metroid. 

I really, really want a new 2D Metroid on the Switch. 

Just finished Fire Emblem, now I'm waiting for Dragon Quest. SNES games will hold me over. 

Edited by Lions017

On 9/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What SNES games you boys been playing? I've been rocking SMW, Demon's Crest, and Yoshi's Island like no other. Link to the Past later.

I need to give Undertale a go, I think.

I knocked out a nice chunk of SMW on Saturday night.  I'm liking the rewind feature; takes out the frustration of me sucking, when I don't have a great interest in massively improving, at the game.  I'm not sure what all I'll end up checking out.  I hope they eventually put some Donkey Kong Country's on there.  I've already enjoyed it a lot more than I did the NES releases.  The NES games just haven't held up well, where some of the SNES games still feel enjoyable.  

Thought about getting Dragon Quest XI, but I'll probably hold off a bit. That's a bit of a behemoth of a game, so I think I'll wait until the winter months. 

Astral Chain or Link's Awakening should be coming my way from GameFly next. I like to get GameFly once a year to burn through a bunch of those 10-20 hour games. 

House of the Dead 1 and 2 remakes are coming to Switch.

Yay! And these are full-on remakes, not ports of the original games, probably because Sega lost the source code for the originals, but still great news all the same. 

I've said in the past Switch's joy con controls would be ideal for light gun games making their way onto the Switch, and while an actual light gun would be preferable, this would be a suitable alternative to the traditional light guns which sadly don't work, anymore on modern games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Thought about getting Dragon Quest XI, but I'll probably hold off a bit. That's a bit of a behemoth of a game, so I think I'll wait until the winter months. 

Astral Chain or Link's Awakening should be coming my way from GameFly next. I like to get GameFly once a year to burn through a bunch of those 10-20 hour games. 

Yeah. Played DQXI on PS4 and it's a 100+ hour game easily. If you get AC, post your thoughts here. It looks interesting but not sure I know enough about it to drop the money on it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Link's Awakening has been a complete and utter joy to play. The art style fits perfectly, the world is a 1:1 copy of the original, everything just feels great about it. My only real complaint is the occasional framerate hiccup, which is really weird for a 1st party Nintendo game. Normally they have framerates locked in, but its never too bad. Easily a must play game to me.