Nintendo Switch Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.  I didn't see that coming.  I still haven't made the jump to switch, but it's been on my radar, since release.  I'd imagine I will purchase one before the end of 2018.  Just waiting on a game that directly appeals to me.  I will also be interested in their second run with the NBA and WWE 2k series'.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-switch

If you're not excited by this, you're dead to me. Such a great game. This game pushed you pretty hard, much more of an old school platformer that required some effort. The boss fights were amazing.

I was excited to see that. That and dark souls coming to the system. I wish they would remake demon souls tho

On 1/10/2018 at 10:14 AM, jyod21 said:

Wow.  I didn't see that coming.  I still haven't made the jump to switch, but it's been on my radar, since release.  I'd imagine I will purchase one before the end of 2018.  Just waiting on a game that directly appeals to me.  I will also be interested in their second run with the NBA and WWE 2k series'.    

Im kind of in the same boat.

Zelda and Xenoblade are the only 2 games I really REALLY want.   I do want to try Mario but its not at the top of my list.

The main problem with Switch IMO is that the exclusives are the only thing that make it worth buying.    If its 3rd party titles ran on Switch like they do on other consoles, it would make it much worth buying.    As it stands, Switch really needs to hit hard with some more great exclusive titles.    I need another exclusive or for it to drop below $200 to make the console truly worth the investment.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im kind of in the same boat.

Zelda and Xenoblade are the only 2 games I really REALLY want.   I do want to try Mario but its not at the top of my list.

The main problem with Switch IMO is that the exclusives are the only thing that make it worth buying.    If its 3rd party titles ran on Switch like they do on other consoles, it would make it much worth buying.    As it stands, Switch really needs to hit hard with some more great exclusive titles.    I need another exclusive or for it to drop below $200 to make the console truly worth the investment.

so much this. Unfortunately these inflated sales are due to the fact that the switch is now capturing TWO markets, not just one. It is a portable and console system, and as such to me it is wrong to compare it to the ps4 sales. 

It's a good system, I like mine. But I really only bought it for Zelda, Mario, and Smash Bros. And I know if I get bored of it I can sell it and not lose more money than entertainment I got out of it. 

The price won't drop a ton because of its dual use. Good luck seeing it under $200 even used for years

Edited by JBURGE25

21 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think with the kind of sales numbers they have hit, I believe you will see more 3rd party titles being built for the switch. 

With it being Nintendo, they knew if they did the exclusives just right, it would provide a solid base for the system. I think once the game developers saw that this game system wont be a waste because how popular it is, they will start developing games for it.

I think the remastering of some 3rd party titles, will allow their developers to get there feet wet with the system and than hopefully we will see them dive right it. 

8 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

so much this. Unfortunately these inflated sales are due to the fact that the switch is now capturing TWO markets, not just one. It is a portable and console system, and as such to me it is wrong to compare it to the ps4 sales. 

It's a good system, I like mine. But I really only bought it for Zelda, Mario, and Smash Bros. And I know if I get bored of it I can sell it and not lose more money than entertainment I got out of it. 

The price won't drop a ton because of its dual use. Good luck seeing it under $200 even used for years

Not sure if you like JRPGs, but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 might be worth checking out.   I loved the first one for the Wii....but you have to be into that genre.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I think with the kind of sales numbers they have hit, I believe you will see more 3rd party titles being built for the switch. 

With it being Nintendo, they knew if they did the exclusives just right, it would provide a solid base for the system. I think once the game developers saw that this game system wont be a waste because how popular it is, they will start developing games for it.

I think the remastering of some 3rd party titles, will allow their developers to get there feet wet with the system and than hopefully we will see them dive right it. 

Problem is, alot of those 3rd party titles are ported over, and in many cases, have to take a notable hit to graphics or performance because the specs are so inferior to the other consoles.

Either way, the biggest selling point of Nintendo's consoles are pretty much always its exclusives.   I just wish there were more....because I really really want to play Zelda.     But as I get older, even though I have more money, Im also much more careful how I spend it.     I cant justify paying $300 for the Switch right now.    10 years ago, I wouldve paid $500 for it the day Zelda came out.....but now, I need to see the value.    

Either way, by next Christmas, Ill probably have one.   Just hoping another game comes along this year.

13 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not sure if you like JRPGs, but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 might be worth checking out.   I loved the first one for the Wii....but you have to be into that genre.

I am unfortunately not into that genre at all

On 1/11/2018 at 12:01 PM, Mossburg said:

IIRC, Sony played a direct hand in that game at least in part. Best you can hope for is a PS4 port or remaster.

was waiting for a donkey kong game before considering buying the switch. will prolly pull the trigger when that is released.