Nintendo Switch Thread

Out of morbid curiosity, is anyone else playing Sonic Mania on the Switch besides me? 

I'm also torn on whether to add the Resident Evil: Revelations re-release to my cluttered PS4 library in HD (and while getting to replay it sooner) or having the luxury of playing it on the go for the Switch at the cost of performance (and having to wait a while longer since the Switch port was held back).

17 hours ago, Revel8 said:

The time to buy one of these is when it has enough games to justify buying.

Kind of a subjective statement. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and LoZ Breath of the Wild (which many are considering one of the best titles of this generation) are all highly rated and offer tons of replay value. And that isn't even touching the slew of wonderful indie titles on the system as well. Between Mario + Rabbids and NBA 2k18 coming in a couple weeks (and still playing the other games I mentioned), it's been very hard to put my Switch down. Part of the reason I am selling my Xbox now.

And Breath of the Wild is just SO good. I have 120 hours in it right now and I am playing through Master Mode, it just offers so much.

Is it that you just aren't interested in the games that are out?

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 6:56 PM, KManX89 said:

Out of morbid curiosity, is anyone else playing Sonic Mania on the Switch besides me? 

I'm also torn on whether to add the Resident Evil: Revelations re-release to my cluttered PS4 library in HD (and while getting to replay it sooner) or having the luxury of playing it on the go for the Switch at the cost of performance (and having to wait a while longer since the Switch port was held back).

I don't know how much performance you think will be lost with it being ported to Switch. You are talking about a game that was originally released on 3DS and looked great considering that. I am sure the game will be polished enough and running smoothly enough when it hits the Switch (at least when docked).

2 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Kind of a subjective statement. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and LoZ Breath of the Wild

How is it subjective?  That's 4 games.  One of which was an update to a Wii U game, and one of which is available on the Wii U. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How is it subjective?  That's 4 games.  One of which was an update to a Wii U game, and one of which is available on the Wii U. 

Simple. I named four, there are quite a bit more retail titles available plus tons of games on the eShop. He said "when there are enough games that justify buying". What is the criteria for determining "what justifies"? For someone like myself, there is way more than enough games to justify buying a Switch right now. Same for millions of Switch owners right now. And I am sure there are millions who are thinking along the same lines as him. So absolutely "when there are enough games that justify buying" is a subjective statement. What I stated, based on definition, is literally not up for debate.

It's obvious he is not interested in many games out for the Switch. That's fine. I was simply commenting on the fact that there is a bunch of games out. Just not ones he is into apparently, otherwise he may feel differently.

Yeah, there are plenty of games right now. It just depends on everything you're into. 

I'm playing through BotW a second time on the Switch, love Mario Kart despite owning that on the Wii U, as well. Bomberman has been a ton of fun. Splatoon 2 is amazing. Mario in a couple months. I'm not into a lot of the Nindie titles, but there's a ton of them to choose from. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I don't know how much performance you think will be lost with it being ported to Switch. You are talking about a game that was originally released on 3DS and looked great considering that. I am sure the game will be polished enough and running smoothly enough when it hits the Switch (at least when docked).

I play most of my games docked to begin with on there, so good deal. 

On 9/2/2017 at 9:37 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Yeah, there are plenty of games right now. It just depends on everything you're into. 

I'm playing through BotW a second time on the Switch, love Mario Kart despite owning that on the Wii U, as well. Bomberman has been a ton of fun. Splatoon 2 is amazing. Mario in a couple months. I'm not into a lot of the Nindie titles, but there's a ton of them to choose from. 

Am I too dumb for BotW? I still feel like I'm playing it all wrong and should be doing side stuff idk about and getting better and whatnot so I don't get stomped everywhere. Seriously, if not for frequent trips to internet explorer while playing this id be completely lost. Don't know how to look for shrines unless I already have a decent General idea of where they are, not sure if I'm far enough along that I should be taking on the four guardian animal shrine thingies, I'm just a mess