Nintendo Switch Thread

On 9/19/2017 at 1:41 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I really want to play Zelda, but I cant justify paying for a Switch for one game.     Hoping that Xenoblade Chronicles and another game or two can intrigue me enough to make the leap.  

Metroid Prime 4 will for sure justify that $300 purchase, but it won't be coming out anytime soon, I'm thinking about picking up Fire Emblem Warriors next week, Sonic Forces looks great plus the luxury of playing it on the go, Mario Odyssee is just around the corner, and Bloodstained (new game from the maker of Castlevania) will be another fun game to play on the go.

The Switch has plenty of quality games to look forward to in the coming months.

I think tomorrow, I might pull the trigger and get one.

I have been posting my xbox on a couple buy/sell/trade sites but have only got bites by spammers.

There is a zelda bundle that I like that after tax would be like $385. Did some math with Gamestop, I would get the switch and Zelda for $386 after tax but could trade in my xbox. I wont get the best value, I think it would be around $90-95 with a system and an extra controller. At least I dont have to worry about haggling price and meeting up and exchanging item/money,

6 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Metroid Prime 4 will for sure justify that $300 purchase, but it won't be coming out anytime soon, I'm thinking about picking up Fire Emblem Warriors next week, Sonic Forces looks great plus the luxury of playing it on the go, Mario Odyssee is just around the corner, and Bloodstained (new game from the maker of Castlevania) will be another fun game to play on the go.

The Switch has plenty of quality games to look forward to in the coming months.

Well, everyone has their own opinions of what is "worth it".

None of those games personally excite me.   Not saying they wont be good....but outside of Zelda, nothing about the console "sells" it for me.

The inferior specs and continued lack of 3rd party support really prevents me from buying this.      The only thing that can win me over are quality exclusives, and while Im sure many will love Mario, Metroid and some others, the only 2 right now that Im interested in are Zelda and Xenoblade.     So, Ill either wait for more titles that intrigue me, or Ill wait for a price drop.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:49 PM, buno67 said:

I think tomorrow, I might pull the trigger and get one.

I have been posting my xbox on a couple buy/sell/trade sites but have only got bites by spammers.

There is a zelda bundle that I like that after tax would be like $385. Did some math with Gamestop, I would get the switch and Zelda for $386 after tax but could trade in my xbox. I wont get the best value, I think it would be around $90-95 with a system and an extra controller. At least I dont have to worry about haggling price and meeting up and exchanging item/money,

I pulled the trigger. Got the switch yesterday. After trading in my xbox and etc towards it, I got a switch, Zelda, and a screen protector for $287.87. When I was at walmart I get a small nice like folding case for it that protects the screen for it. I have only had 45mins to play zelda so far but I like it.

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

I pulled the trigger. Got the switch yesterday. After trading in my xbox and etc towards it, I got a switch, Zelda, and a screen protector for $287.87. When I was at walmart I get a small nice like folding case for it that protects the screen for it. I have only had 45mins to play zelda so far but I like it.

Recommend a Pro Controller. Really is night and day, though the Joycons on the controller are fine too.

6 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Recommend a Pro Controller. Really is night and day, though the Joycons on the controller are fine too.

Yeah I haven’t had issues yet with the joycons. I think I might have To eventually get a pro controller. Right now all my gaming with it will most likely be as undocked which I don’t have an issue with at the moment. I really enjoy it as a handheld. 

What are some games you guys recommend? I want to get Mario kart, mario Odyssey, at the moment 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah I haven’t had issues yet with the joycons. I think I might have To eventually get a pro controller. Right now all my gaming with it will most likely be as undocked which I don’t have an issue with at the moment. I really enjoy it as a handheld. 

What are some games you guys recommend? I want to get Mario kart, mario Odyssey, at the moment 

Mario + Rabbids is supposed to be surprisingly good. Splatoon 2 is legit fun. MK8. Maybe elder scrolls if you never played it. 

Edited by titansNvolsR#1

6 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Mario + Rabbids is supposed to be surprisingly good. Splatoon 2 is legit fun. MK8. Maybe elder scrolls if you never played it. 

I’ve heard good things about splatoon but I’m nervous about getting it. Do you know if there is a demo for it?

On 9/28/2017 at 4:12 AM, buno67 said:

I’ve heard good things about splatoon but I’m nervous about getting it. Do you know if there is a demo for it?

15 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Same. 

Check the eShop and see if there's still one up there. There are tons of demos so wouldn't surprise me if one is available.

On 9/27/2017 at 2:34 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

I bought it a couple days ago and have Mario Kart. Will get Odyssey when it comes out.

Up in the air about other games. Never played Zelda much but figure it's a must have? 

I hope they come out with super smash sometime soon 

If you like Zelda then it's a must have. I am a Zelda fan, but that being said it was one of my best gaming experiences in my life. Right up there with Fallout 3.

I'm not sure anything will top the landscape when you leave the vault in FO3 for me as far as a moment. That was my first fallout game

Edited by JBURGE25

I know outside of FourThreeMafia and myself this may not be a widely held belief.....but the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise is slowly becoming a fantastic franchise.  Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii was one of the best JRPG's I've played.  Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and the port of Xenoblade Chronicles) is one of the two primary reasons I got a Switch. 

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

I know outside of FourThreeMafia and myself this may not be a widely held belief.....but the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise is slowly becoming a fantastic franchise.  Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii was one of the best JRPG's I've played.  Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and the port of Xenoblade Chronicles) is one of the two primary reasons I got a Switch. 

Have never played any of the XC. Need to give them a chance. 

On 9/28/2017 at 8:19 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Check the eShop and see if there's still one up there. There are tons of demos so wouldn't surprise me if one is available.

No demo for Splatoon, but highly worth the grab. And to those who mentioned Mario + Rabbids, it is WAY more fun that it has any reason being.