Nintendo Switch Thread

On 4/17/2019 at 6:50 PM, Lions017 said:

Should be a fun one. I can't remember - how much content is there in these games? Is there loot and leveling up like in something like Diablo? 

I can't remember either.  I played the first one a long time ago.  I went and read up on it and a lot of people say it's like Diablo, for what that's worth.

48 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

So Cuphead, I’m stuck on the candy boss. I beat her before but I can’t get past the 2nd part for some reason

I don't know what it is about that game.  I can only play it for like 15 minutes at a time.  Once I have to restart a level over for like the third time, I've had enough and need to take a break from it lol

I posted this in the Mortal Kombat thread, but I'm also posting it here because it has to do with the Nintendo Switch.

Allow me to share my release date horror story.

After Nintendo released their official Nintendo Switch trailer, I felt really confident in buying the game on my Switch.  I pre-ordered the game.  At midnight est, the game unlocked and I played it.  Almost immediately, I was completely horrified.  That game looked absolutely TERRIBLE.  Might sound like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not.  In fact, capitalizing terrible doesn't even do it enough justice.  I tried to get through the pain of looking at graphics that were blurry, pixelated and shiny as hell.  I played for about 30 minutes and I couldn't take anymore.  I just couldn't take it.  I closed the game and woke up the in the morning (today) and Nintendo gave me a refund.  I don't have access to the game anymore, but I did manage to take a screenshot directly from my Switch.  The freaking menu's were blurry.  When I saw this, I knew I was going to be in a lot of trouble.

MY27Kt0.jpg

Keep in mind, this is a screenshot directly from the Switch.  It's not blurry because it's bigger, that's the exact way the game looks.  Holy hell.

I will be getting this on Xbox, like I originally should have done.  I took a gamble and lost.  I got a refund, so no big deal ultimately.  I guess just me sharing my story and hopefully helping someone who is considering getting this game on the Switch.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I posted this in the Mortal Kombat thread, but I'm also posting it here because it has to do with the Nintendo Switch.

Allow me to share my release date horror story.

After Nintendo released their official Nintendo Switch trailer, I felt really confident in buying the game on my Switch.  I pre-ordered the game.  At midnight est, the game unlocked and I played it.  Almost immediately, I was completely horrified.  That game looked absolutely TERRIBLE.  Might sound like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not.  In fact, capitalizing terrible doesn't even do it enough justice.  I tried to get through the pain of looking at graphics that were blurry, pixelated and shiny as hell.  I played for about 30 minutes and I couldn't take anymore.  I just couldn't take it.  I closed the game and woke up the in the morning (today) and Nintendo gave me a refund.  I don't have access to the game anymore, but I did manage to take a screenshot directly from my Switch.  The freaking menu's were blurry.  When I saw this, I knew I was going to be in a lot of trouble.

MY27Kt0.jpg

Keep in mind, this is a screenshot directly from the Switch.  It's not blurry because it's bigger, that's the exact way the game looks.  Holy hell.

I will be getting this on Xbox, like I originally should have done.  I took a gamble and lost.  I got a refund, so no big deal ultimately.  I guess just me sharing my story and hopefully helping someone who is considering getting this game on the Switch.

Is that something that Nintendo can fix with an update? I only have a switch and was pretty excited about this game.

8 hours ago, JonStark said:

Is that something that Nintendo can fix with an update? I only have a switch and was pretty excited about this game.

I'm not sure.  I'm assuming they can fix it with a patch.

Maybe I'm just wrong because there are a lot of people who are really happy with the Switch version of the game.  Personally, I think it looks horrendous. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonStark said:

Nintendo can't fix sh** it's up to the devs.

Look ip the ark survivl port for the switch and that's still selling for 60$. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, showtime said:

Maybe I'm just wrong because there are a lot of people who are really happy with the Switch version of the game.  Personally, I think it looks horrendous. 

It wouldn't be on Nintendo to fix it, but I imagine that they should be able to fix the resolution on menu's. 

As for the game, it doesn't look great, but a lot of people are OK with that because it's portable. I'm willing to take a hit graphically on most games if I can take them around with me. MK isn't really my type of game, but it's nice to have the option to get it on Switch. 

12 hours ago, showtime said:

How did you get refunded?  Like what was the process? 

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

It wouldn't be on Nintendo to fix it, but I imagine that they should be able to fix the resolution on menu's. 

As for the game, it doesn't look great, but a lot of people are OK with that because it's portable. I'm willing to take a hit graphically on most games if I can take them around with me. MK isn't really my type of game, but it's nice to have the option to get it on Switch. 

I'm willing to take a graphical hit as well.  My problem is this is just too much.  This looks nothing like the trailer they released would suggest.  Maybe it's better in docked mode, but I don't play the Switch docked.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:04 AM, DingoLadd said:

For now, in 1-2 years probably not but it's an exclusive.

@atown703

I actually think there's a decent chance this game stays a Nintendo exclusive. 

The first game was developed for the PS2, PS3 and Xbox One by Raven Software and published by Activision.  The second game was developed by different studios for different consoles, but it was also published by Activision.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is being developed by Team Ninja, which is a Japanese company and the game is only being developed for the Nintendo Switch.  Also, this game is not published by Activision like the first two games were.  This game is being published by Nintendo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

@atown703

I actually think there's a decent chance this game stays a Nintendo exclusive. 

The first game was developed for the PS2, PS3 and Xbox One by Raven Software and published by Activision.  The second game was developed by different studios for different consoles, but it was also published by Activision.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is being developed by Team Ninja, which is a Japanese company and the game is only being developed for the Nintendo Switch.  Also, this game is not published by Activision like the first two games were.  This game is being published by Nintendo.

Along with it being heavily financed by them if not just straight up funded by nintendo. (details aren't 100% on it) But we'll know when they release their quarterly report in a few days. 

I agree there's a decent chance but we won't know for 1-2 years. 

4 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Anyone else hoping the Persona 5S announcement for tomorrow is it officially coming to Switch? I had to sell my PS4 and I was only maybe a little close to halfway through the game (shortly after Futaba wakes up and joins). I need my Persona.

Go buy Smash.

P5S was leaked as a Persona 5 sequel for the PS5, it's a leak so don't take it with 100% but it's from the guy who got persona 5's release date right. 

11 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Go buy Smash.

P5S was leaked as a Persona 5 sequel for the PS5, it's a leak so don't take it with 100% but it's from the guy who got persona 5's release date right. 

Talk about a disappointment, not a PS5 sequel...but a Musou/Warriors style game? Who asked for this?